Netflix raising rates to $9.99 for long time loyal customers

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Dear PC747
When we raised prices for new Netflix members in 2014, we kept your price the same for two years. Your special pricing is now ending and as of 9/22/16 your new price will be $9.99 per month.
Please visit netflix.com to review the details of this change and your options for plans and prices.
As always, if you have questions, we are happy to help. Please visit theHelp Center for more information.
–The Netflix Team

We're always adding more.
Recently Added

If you have been a long time loyal Netflix customer you have been able to keep the $7.99 price plan. But Netflix is sending out emails to customers letting them know they will be raising the plans by $2 a month ($24 per year). Considering the content they have been providing from Daredevil, House of Cards, and more, I think they deserve a raise.

Will you be opting out?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Who's going to? It's $2 bucks. Don't drink your crappy starbucks or lay off the cheeseburger at lunch one day.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
To me the service is easily worth $10 a month. I don't even think about it. I pay almost $20 a month for Sirius and that's just audio.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
$20...ouch. I was able to talk them to $5 a month then decided I need audio everywhere and now pay for Google Play Music.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Isn't this old news? I've been a longtime Netflix subscriber (joined way back when it was $5.99 a month) and this new pricing went into effect for most folks back in Feb I think it was? I may be off by a couple months with that timeframe.
But yeah, I agree with Miller....it's well worth the 10 bucks. They have consistently improved their content year after year. Aside from the Olympics the past two weeks, we haven't watched anything on tv since last year...
We had the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on in the background as we were preparing Thanksgiving dinner.

S5 tap'n

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
$20...ouch. I was able to talk them to $5 a month then decided I need audio everywhere and now pay for Google Play Music.
I pay for just the internet streaming for my phone that's why the plan is so much. Plus I get all channels.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To me the service is easily worth $10 a month. I don't even think about it. I pay almost $20 a month for Sirius and that's just audio.

I got a lifetime membership years ago to Sirius. Only cost me $10-20 more a month then I was going to pay on my 2-year contract. Haven't paid for it in years.

I paid extra for a while for streaming to my phone, but quit paying that years ago too, but when my wife got the car with Sirius after I got my truck, I loaded up the app for giggles & it worked.

I like Google Play better though.

As for Netflix, I'm not even sure what I'm paying right now, but if it's still $7.99, I don't mind the increase. We get plenty of user out of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The only reason I have Sirius is for Howard. Been a listener since the mid 90's. But if I can pay 20 a month for him then Netflix is nothing.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I know we are off topic and all but for others to know. I just called Sirius as they have been sending me emails to get 5 months for $25. They said they couldn't honor that on just the streaming BUT if I bought a new radio they could. So I paid $39 for a radio with car and home kit, got 5 months service for $25 PLUS get the added radio and streaming with more channels for $1 less a month after the 5 months. Went from $18.71 a month to like $17.40 and added all the NFL, and NASCAR races...

I am pretty happy. Plus Samsung just shipped my SD card.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know we are off topic and all but for others to know. I just called Sirius as they have been sending me emails to get 5 months for $25. They said they couldn't honor that on just the streaming BUT if I bought a new radio they could. So I paid $39 for a radio with car and home kit, got 5 months service for $25 PLUS get the added radio and streaming with more channels for $1 less a month after the 5 months. Went from $18.71 a month to like $17.40 and added all the NFL, and NASCAR races...

I am pretty happy. Plus Samsung just shipped my SD card.

They're always emailing me that I can get a free radio with car kit or home kit or sometimes both, but the fine print always says "new subscription required" or similar.

While I wouldn't mind a stand alone device I can take with me & we could use in any vehicle with an aux port (both of our currently have them), I can't bring myself to pay a monthly fee for it again.

Which is silly compared to Netflix, because Sirius was all I listened to when I drove that car & it's basically all that the wife listens to now & we listen to when we take the car on trips.

Might be different if I didn't have Google play, but we've got the family plan now, so I'm paying even a bit more for it, but have more users & more versatility.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just got this when I logged in to Netflix on my phone. Didn't even realize until recently that I was still only paying $7.99.

f99ad388209297ad433cefbf83943479.jpg

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I don't mind the price increase either. For the price, I feel there's a ton of value provided.