Neflix About to Go Up in Price Again (for some users)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I only tried Netflix because my by far favorite show on television, Longmire, got dropped from cable and Netflix picked up the next season plus the previous ones. Though it's geared for folks my age it didn't do well enough with the younger viewers so their former channel dropped it instead of adopting advertisements geared toward my generation. I find it ironic that a service used much more by a younger generation than mine saw the Benjamins potential more its former owner did.
Anyway I gave my family the credentials to use and and said "we'll try before buy" and if y'all don't want it I'll drop it when the trial is over. Needless to say they are why I kept it,I missed a bunch of sleep the first few nights catching up on Longmire

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Great show! I got into î because my dad recommended it. Haha! I didn't realize they made another season for Netflix though. I'll have to check it out. I thought they just cancelled it & Netflix got what'd been on the air.

Sent from a backup S3 :(

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm good with it. Their original programming--which is awesome-- is only going to become more abundant. Gladly pay it..I mean where else can one see Making a Murderer :)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's worth it to a lot of people just for this simple fact :D:

a2FE2MW.jpg
Are you coming over?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great show! I got into î because my dad recommended it. Haha! I didn't realize they made another season for Netflix though. I'll have to check it out. I thought they just cancelled it & Netflix got what'd been on the air.

Season 4, the Netflix only one, not only is the best by far but also no dark spots where on tv it faded to commercial so an hour long show is...... an hour long. Not gonna give anything away but the cliff hanger season finale of season 3 is just the beginning , has very little to do with how season 4 twists away from it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I forget how many sessions I managed to watch. I think it was 2, but might've been 3. I caught up on the first one on Netflix, then dvr'd it, but I'm not sure I even saw everything that aired.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Re: the price increase. I don't care either.
Re: Longmire. May have to look that up. If I ever get caught up. I wish I had more time to TV.

TapaTurboII

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Re: the price increase. I don't care either.
Re: Longmire. May have to look that up. If I ever get caught up. I wish I had more time to TV.

TapaTurboII
You could quit work. Solution solved.

Longmire was rough to watch. First 3 episodes were not fun. I hoped for better with Katee Sackhoff. Enjoyed her acting in battlestar Galactica.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Netflix just started service here in Thailand. They are providing less content and charging more than US pricing. I have a US account [via VPN] and paying $8.99. $11.50 is what they are charging for the Thai account.
I'm ok with a price increase in the US but won't pay $11.50 for less content.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm good with it. Their original programming--which is awesome-- is only going to become more abundant. Gladly pay it..I mean where else can one see Making a Murderer :)
Don't get me started on the Making A Murderer train! I need access to the back room here for a discussion on it. @cr6 turned me onto it and we binge watched all episodes in a day and half.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Don't get me started on the Making A Murderer train! I need access to the back room here for a discussion on it. @cr6 turned me onto it and we binge watched all episodes in a day and half.

Don't spoil it! I haven't had a chance to even start it yet!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Netflix just started service here in Thailand. They are providing less content and charging more than US pricing. I have a US account [via VPN] and paying $8.99. $11.50 is what they are charging for the Thai account.
I'm ok with a price increase in the US but won't pay $11.50 for less content.
Aren't they "busting" down big time on proxy and vpn users?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Aren't they "busting" down big time on proxy and vpn users?

They threatened too but never did. I recall reading that if they did, they would lose million of $$$.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Eh, i'm okay with it. Plus I'm currently getting a free year out of it for buying and registering my Note 5 when it was released, so I can't complain.

R

RETG

No problem here. As for SD????
It looks terrible on my older 1080 and is no better on my 4K; I'll stick with HD or 4K. What I like is the amount of 4K content Netflix offers.
I just wish they would get another plan that allowed HD and 4K with only one TV at one time for us single users.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
No problem here. As for SD????
It looks terrible on my older 1080 and is no better on my 4K; .
Agreed. There's a big difference between SD & HD on my 1080P plasma as well. While most newer sets upconvert SD to HD, it's still noticeable IMO.

S5 tap'n