Need Help Please

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In other words, the newly fashioned cable gets plugged into Stock Wall adapter and then into the phone, the red logo appears and may or may not go away but it will charge the battery. Allow it to charge for 1-2 hours, then swap the newly fashioned cable for Stock Motorola cable and plug into PC for Droid RAZR Utility flashing (Fastboot).

CaringAngel

Reaction score
In other words, the newly fashioned cable gets plugged into Stock Wall adapter and then into the phone, the red logo appears and may or may not go away but it will charge the battery. Allow it to charge for 1-2 hours, then swap the newly fashioned cable for Stock Motorola cable and plug into PC for Droid RAZR Utility flashing (Fastboot).

We did not get a red logo but shall we leave it in for two hours or so and see what happens? As when we unplugged it and re plugged the stock usb it was on a black screen with white writing??? Huggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggsssssssss

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, so black screen with white writing is the Boot Mode Selection Menu, which is where you'll go to select "AP Fastboot" to start the re-flashing process. Right now, that won't work because you don't have enough battery power. As for why you didn't get the logo this time, it doesn't matter...as long as the cable is crafted properly it will pump juice directly to the battery bypassing the charging system. BE VERY CAREFUL...DO NOT FORGET that it's connected this way or you risk overcharging the battery (more than 3 hours), with potentially dire consequences. Better safe than sorry, an hour, to an hour and a half should be more than enough to perform the flash once you start it.

And I think you've given your fair share of hugs for now. Let's get that thing working first. Like I tell my mortgage clients, don't thank me until the closing has completed, then thank away. :biggrin:

CaringAngel

Reaction score
OK, so black screen with white writing is the Boot Mode Selection Menu, which is where you'll go to select "AP Fastboot" to start the re-flashing process. Right now, that won't work because you don't have enough battery power. As for why you didn't get the logo this time, it doesn't matter...as long as the cable is crafted properly it will pump juice directly to the battery bypassing the charging system. BE VERY CAREFUL...DO NOT FORGET that it's connected this way or you risk overcharging the battery (more than 3 hours), with potentially dire consequences. Better safe than sorry, an hour, to an hour and a half should be more than enough to perform the flash once you start it.

And I think you've given your fair share of hugs for now. Let's get that thing working first. Like I tell my mortgage clients, don't thank me until the closing has completed, then thank away. :biggrin:

Okay we are taking off the special cord at 9:41pm EST....then we will start the rest of the process...Oh, I pray this works and you have my undying affection for all of the help you have given no matter what the outcome....:)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Better not tell your husband! :blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Busted... :icon_eek:

CaringAngel

Reaction score
Okay, just unplugged the fashioned cord from the phone and no dice...no power, plugged in stock cord and got the red logo again but when trying to go into ap fastboot it comes back with low battery message. Tried anyway to plug into the computer and the white light comes on....nice and bright. So...I guess the fashioned cord was fashioned incorrectly? Maybe I should go buy a soldering iron and try it myself? Or suck it up and send to Hong Kong?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Actually if you mean sending the phone off... you'll be sending it to texas:)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

CaringAngel

Reaction score
Actually if you mean sending the phone off... you'll be sending it to texas:)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Not giving up yet lol...I mean making a proper cord or sending for one from Hong Kong lol :icon_ lala:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Okay, just unplugged the fashioned cord from the phone and no dice...no power, plugged in stock cord and got the red logo again but when trying to go into ap fastboot it comes back with low battery message. Tried anyway to plug into the computer and the white light comes on....nice and bright. So...I guess the fashioned cord was fashioned incorrectly? Maybe I should go buy a soldering iron and try it myself? Or suck it up and send to Hong Kong?

OK, so if you get the red logo when using the stock cord and stock power adapter, but no reaction from the "fashioned" cord, then I'm guessing it's fashioned "wrong".

And when you plug the stock cord into the PC and get solid white, it's definitely putting power to the phone, but not fast enough to surpass the rate of consumption by the phone itself. This will not work. The only time the battery is actually receiving a charge is when the white light is OFF, and you are either in Charge only boot mode (animated battery on display), or the phone is completely powered on and plugged in, and it shows as "charging" on the lock screen or on the battery icon in the status bar (battery with lightning bolt).

As for why it gives you the red logo with the stock cord, it's giving sufficient power but not getting into "charge mode".

Damn...

I know there's a solution to this, and I think we've gone over the "tricks" to fool it into charge only boot mode, correct? If I remember, you were unsuccessful with those attempts. If not, let me know and I'll forward those instructions.

CaringAngel

Reaction score
OK, so if you get the red logo when using the stock cord and stock power adapter, but no reaction from the "fashioned" cord, then I'm guessing it's fashioned "wrong".

And when you plug the stock cord into the PC and get solid white, it's definitely putting power to the phone, but not fast enough to surpass the rate of consumption by the phone itself. This will not work. The only time the battery is actually receiving a charge is when the white light is OFF, and you are either in Charge only boot mode (animated battery on display), or the phone is completely powered on and plugged in, and it shows as "charging" on the lock screen or on the battery icon in the status bar (battery with lightning bolt).

As for why it gives you the red logo with the stock cord, it's giving sufficient power but not getting into "charge mode".

Damn...

I know there's a solution to this, and I think we've gone over the "tricks" to fool it into charge only boot mode, correct? If I remember, you were unsuccessful with those attempts. If not, let me know and I'll forward those instructions.

Not sure if we tried any "tricks" to fool it....:/

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Not giving up yet lol...I mean making a proper cord or sending for one from Hong Kong lol :icon_ lala:

What does the "fashioned" cord look like, is the connector's pins (where he soldered the jumper) visible?

You saw the diagram, can you confirm (perhaps with a magnifying glass) that JUST the two pins that need to be jumpered are? Does the connector (visible if you look into the end of the MicroUSB plug have 5 pins or 6)?

View attachment 50870

As you see in the diagram, pins 1 and 4 are jumpered on the MicroUSB end, but you will also notice that pin 4 is "moved" in the numerical order just to make the understanding easier. It would still be the 4th pin from the end that is electrically connected to the first pin, but to a novice, they may misinterpret the diagram to mean pin 1 gets jumpered to pin 2 or something.

Personally I would have drawn the diagram like this to avoid confusion:

View attachment 50876

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, I have to run home, but gimme a sec...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Try this:

1. Unplug you device

2. Reset your phone by holding vol down + power for approximately 10 seconds
3. Once your device powers down, release vol down and power, then very quickly press and hold vol up + vol down + power to boot into Boot Mode Selection Menu
4. Press vol down to highlight the BP SBF option
5. Press vol up to select BP SBF
6. Plug your device in
7. Hold the power button for about 3 seconds and release. Your device should power off. You may have to repeat this step a few times to get the device to turn off
8. Your device should now boot into power-off charge mode and begin charging
9. Once you unplug your charger at this point (whether or not you wait for the battery to fully charge), your device will remain in a powered down state and not consume the battery's remaining charge

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK: Try the whole thing all over again. You may need to do this a few times for it to work. Unplug the phone with each new attempt.

Last edited: