Need Help Please

humercedes

Reaction score
Out of nowhere last night, my phone reset itself and then the google logo came up with a slight vibration (like ususal when it starts up) but instead of moving onto the colorful animation and then to the phone itself powered up, it just keeps looping in the google screen. It says google, vibrates, goes black then says google, vibrates, and on an on until you pull the battery out. I went into developer mode by pressing the power button and the two volume keys and tried going into recovery mode but it did nothing. I called google and samsung and neither can figure it out. I downloaded the software from post 1 to help me unlock and reset the phone, but there are no drivers for the GT-I9250 only the CDMA american version the SCH-I515 which is not compatible. Since my computer cannot find the phone due to a lack of driver availability, I am unable to unlock and remount it. Please help me I have been without a phone for a few days and I have no idea how to get it on. This phone was $850 this is unacceptable! I am in the USA by the way.

OP
H

humercedes

Reaction score
[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver Beta 0.6 (250+ Devices, HTC Added) - xda-developers <-- those work?

You may have to manually tinker with it to get your PC to find it.

I downloaded and extracted these, But I am confused. I'm guessing the drivers are the .dll files, but there are two folders (i386) (amd64) and they each have three .dll files in them. So what is the driver? I am completely android-intolerant. I have no knowledge of these things, and I need to get my phone up and running. Any ideas?

OP
H

humercedes

Reaction score
Okay I figured out the driver situation; Now what do I need to do..

OP
H

humercedes

Reaction score
I got the drivers working and got it recognized then clicked flash stock and unroot, and it started working then it kept saying FAILbootload unlock on the bottom, and says it is finished. What am I doing wrong here? I'm going crazy!

OP
H

humercedes

Reaction score
I got the drivers working and got it recognized then clicked flash stock and unroot, and it started working then it kept saying FAILbootload unlock on the bottom, and says it is finished. What am I doing wrong here? I'm going crazy!

I downloaded the sdk-tools and then ran command prompt and got it unlocked. It is all fixed! Yay!

CaringAngel

Reaction score
My son decided to try to put a "custom rom" on his Droid Razr Maxx and now the phone will not work...add to that that the white light keeps coming on, I'm guessing the battery is drained...I downloaded the droid utility and the drivers but when I plugged the phone into my pc it didn't even register as a device...again I'm guessing because of the battery. We just want to get the phone back to normal...Any help would certainly be appreciated as my son needs his phone....Thank you very much, Angel

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My son decided to try to put a "custom rom" on his Droid Razr Maxx and now the phone will not work...add to that that the white light keeps coming on, I'm guessing the battery is drained...I downloaded the droid utility and the drivers but when I plugged the phone into my pc it didn't even register as a device...again I'm guessing because of the battery. We just want to get the phone back to normal...Any help would certainly be appreciated as my son needs his phone....Thank you very much, Angel

Angel, off the battery is dead any attempt to flash a recovery rom onto the phone will fail. First, make sure the phone is powered off, then plug the phone into the stock motorola charger. You may have to wait for wire a while for the phone to charge, but if you see an animated battery, that's a good sign. Wait till the battery says 100%, to check, tap either of the volume buttons. Once fully charged, go to the Droid Hacks section and download the Droid Razr Utility (the stickie thread at the top). Using the utility, restore the phone to stock (option 1). You will need to put the phone into USB Debugging mode, and then into Fastboot mode before doing the restore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Last edited:

CaringAngel

Reaction score
Just one more thing my son says the custom rom did not have a runme file and that was what caused his issues....We are leaving the phone to charge for the night and praying someone here has a suggestion that will help us restore his phone....Thanks guys, sweet dreams when you all get there!

CaringAngel

Reaction score
Angel, off the battery is dead any attempt to flash a recovery rom onto the phone will fail. First, make sure the phone is powered off, then plug the phone into the stock motorola charger. You may have to wait for wire a while for the phone to charge, but if you see an animated battery, that's a good sign. Wait till the battery says 100%, to check, tap either of the volume buttons. Once fully charged, go to the Droid Hacks section and download the Droid Razr Utility (the stickie thread at the top). Using the utility, restore the phone to stock (option 1). You will need to put the phone into USB Debugging mode, and then into Fastboot mode before doing the restore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Thanks Fox, we will wait until tomorrow and we will be back and I've already downloaded the specified files!!!! Huggsssssssss and thank you so much! :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks Fox, we will wait until tomorrow and we will be back and I've already downloaded the specified files!!!! Huggsssssssss and thank you so much! :biggrin:

We're not out of the woods yet. If the phone isn't charging you have only a couple difficult options available. Let me know if the animated battery appeared when you plugged the phone in. At least I'll know that's going OK.

CaringAngel

Reaction score
no battery icon at all

We're not out of the woods yet. If the phone isn't charging you have only a couple difficult options available. Let me know if the animated battery appeared when you plugged the phone in. At least I'll know that's going OK.

No animated battery :( on my way to drive the kids to school, be back around 9:30am EST....hugs!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No animated battery :( on my way to drive the kids to school, be back around 9:30am EST....hugs!

Wow, you leave early for the drive. It's 5:33am here. OK, so you didn't see an animated battery indicating it was charging. You tried pressing one of the volume buttons briefly and didn't get the screen to wake up? If so, the charging system isn't initiating and your options are as said before...

Either fashion or purchase a http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/146492-how-why-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.html (which charges and supplies power to the phone even when the charging system isn't waking up), or bypassing the power jack on the phone and by opening the back and jumpering the power cables directly to the battery terminals, charging directly ([video=youtube;qs2t-7ALT7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs2t-7ALT7U&feature=player_embedded[/video])

The first option is the safest by far. The second option will void the warranty and if not careful you can potentially overcharge the battery resulting in permanent damage to it. Technically, the warranty is already void due to rooting and flashing of ROMs, but those issues are technically reversible. Opening the case may be detectible and therefore irreversible, and certainly if the battery is damaged due to the second option the factory will know and void the warranty as well.

CaringAngel

Reaction score
Fox, when we try to use option 1 it says cannot find specified path....can you tell me why? what am I doing wrong? We do still have the battery issue...works plugged in we are able to get to the recovery and ap fastboot...can this be done via SD card as the phone goes to 0 battery when plugged into the computer....