Navigation destination time inaccurate

jasondeg

Reaction score
Using the navigation I have noticed the destination time is extremely inaccurate! A trip today that really took six hours was listed at 7.5 hours. That is extremely inaccurate. Mapquest had it at 6.5 any ideas how to do anything about this. It is extremely annoying

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Using the navigation I have noticed the destination time is extremely inaccurate! A trip today that really took six hours was listed at 7.5 hours. That is extremely inaccurate. Mapquest had it at 6.5 any ideas how to do anything about this. It is extremely annoying

I wouldn't say its to inaccurate and you gotta remember it is still google navigation beta

OP
J

jasondeg

Reaction score
Really? 35 miles on the interstate it said would take 55 minutes. So it thinks I go less than sixty MPH on the interstate.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Really? 35 miles on the interstate it said would take 55 minutes. So it thinks I go less than sixty MPH on the interstate.

The way I look at it is google takes the info it gathers from you (remember what it asked you when you started your droid about collecting location data) to try and get traffic details and avg travel time for most people. I'm sure they wouldn't just throw down random numbers.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Some areas that would be 100% correct...But as it's been said it's in Beta and being tweaked all the time....

Reaction score
It's accounting for traffic. You may be 5 hours away from the traffic, but the program is still assuming that it will be there by the time you get there.

dos

Reaction score
Most GPS units display incorrect ETA. I have a Garmin I used before my Droid, and you have to remember they take into account traffic and you obey all speed limits. I can make it to Chicago from St Louis in a little over 4 hours and most GPS units I've used say the trip takes a little over 5 hours. I just look at how many total miles the trip is and do the math in my head.

dos

Reaction score
Not sure why that gave a thumb down on my last post, sorry!