Touch screen suddenly inaccurate; goes crazy

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TigerFX, Nov 10, 2009.

1. ChrisK15

ChrisK15 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I guess that does make sense. Plugged into my laptop it jitters all over the place, but with the AC adapter, not so much. USB only puts out 5V at 500mA.

2. Nobodyspecial

Nobodyspecial New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just got the same issue i do have a non oem charger plugged into it right now and several apps but it doesnt seem to be the apps i have killed them all.

3. delaen

delaen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're really describing how almost any operating system handles running applications. You can make the distinction between "service" and GUI like they're not both part of the application, but I'm not sure it's the most accurate way to think about it.

A service+the GUI = the app. Android might not be drawing the screen of the application when it's in the background (why would it? no OS does), but if the service portion is still running and doing stuff, the application isn't paused or suspended - the GUI just isn't being rendered. At least from a user's perspective.

If I start my music and then switch to a GPS logging application, the music keeps playing. If I switch back to the music app, the GPS keeps logging. Both apps are running at the same time. Android does some fancy memory maintenance to try to optimize how much CPU/power these background apps use, but for all intents and purposes, both apps are running simultaneously and they'll both keep running in the background if you open a third app.

You're not wrong with what you're saying, but you're looking at it from a developer's perspective. To most people and for a majority of apps the background service IS the app and they DO keep consuming resources in the background.

So really it all depends on the app.

4. delaen

delaen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a third party charger and experience the same touch screen inaccuracies when it's plugged in. When I remove it from the charger it immediately begins working properly again.

5. Dream

Dream Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar issue but I dont think it has anything to do with the charger. Ill touch the screen to select something and it will scroll all the way up or down super fast. I just figured it was some kind of OS bug.

6. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I notice that the screen calibration for the droid is not nearly as good as my Itouch....I have to always touch just slightly above what I want.

Is there no calibration sequence at all?

7. cal2vin

cal2vin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I have my droid plugged into my laptops USB port with the laptop being plugged into the wall charger my screen goes nuts. But when I unplug my computer charger and let it run on the battery the droids screen works fine. Could it be possibly getting too much power from the USB port when the computer is plugged into the wall?

8. Dr. Tenma

Dr. Tenma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One issue I have had like this in the past with my Droid and laptop was due to the AC adapter not being properly grounded- usually a car inverter or such. Perhaps this is related? My Voyager would lock and unlock itself constantly when not grounded.

9. frapell

frapell New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having this exact same issue with my Milestone... but i'm pretty sure is some software related issue, since if i turn the phone upside down, it works fine... by upside down i mean the screen facing the floor...

10. DanDroidX

DanDroidX Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My MotoDroid does the same thing sometimes. It just happened on my OEM charger. I put it in a different outlet at its Ok now. Download touch test to see the problem happening. Its crazy.

11. Barsoum89

Barsoum89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its the charger, but not sure what its doing to the phone

12. don_813

don_813 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    make sure your screen is dry. when my screen is wet it goes insanzies

Search tags for this page
android screen going crazy