GPS Navigation just a little off...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by anuraj1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a huge fan of the GPS on the Droid, because I am terrible with directions. Navigation has been working great until the last couple of days, where it consistently shows me driving on side streets and frontage roads even when I am on major streets. Basically, it shows me as being a little to the left of where I really am no matter what direction I'm going. Anyone encounter this problem?

I searched the forum and I read a couple of threads about peoples' GPSs being inaccurate, or the route not being the quickest, and I saw that using GPA Status and spinning the phone and doing figure 8s helps. No luck for me though. Any input would be very appreciated.

-Raj
  2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It's more likely Google's Maps than the GPS... Unfortunately there aren't any other maps that I know of (i.e. TomTom) yet to compare them too. I know that here in my area it's the maps though, because it's ALWAYS/consistently inaccurate (i.e. it will always show me in the exact same place, just wrong on the map). When I go to other areas of Nashville it's DEAD ON, thus furthering my belief it's the Maps and not the GPS unit itself. Hopefully TomTom will release a Android version soon.
  3. cj100570

cj100570 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's not just the Droid. there were some sporadic issues with the system in general starting sunday night according to the Air Force Space Command.
  4. OyVOid

OyVOid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're not alone. I was in Los Angeles over Christmas break for about a week. Every day I used Google Maps to find my way back to the hotel from wherever I had gone and it will tell me to turn right in to a fenced yard. It said my destination was on the right. But my hotel was actually on the left side of the street. I learned early on not to believe everything I hear. Oh, and my boyfriend and I dubbed the voice that gives you the navigating directions "Shirley" because we both said in union "Surely, this can't be freakin' right!"
  5. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Weird, so every GPS unit was sporadically affected? That sounds like a major problem.

That's hilarious hahaha
  6. lschicky

lschicky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hahaha I've had that problem with my regular GPS once in awhile. I noticed it got worse as the maps got more out of date on that.
  7. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Luckily, it was dead on accurate today for a 10 hour trip.
Search tags for this page
android navigation is a little off
droid razr navigation shows me off the road
motorola droid4 gps shows off road

my gps is a little off