Name an App that Justifys a $30 data plan

Sal R.

Reaction score
Maps, directions, and ability to search for places on-the-go from the web.

Jeremy556

Reaction score
I discontinued my $47/mo cable internet service and now use my Droid for ALL my internet access for $30/mo. For me it's not only the cost savings, but the convenience of having the internet available wherever I am.
Give me a way to hook up a full-sized monitor & keyboard and I'd do the same.
Wireless tethering and your current laptop or desktop :icon_ banana:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice post Mike, I agree with you
do we really NEED to pay the extra $30 NO
could I live with out it? YES
do I want to live with out it? NO

after having my droid for less than a week now I am sold and happy to shell out the dollar a day for unlimited data.

-=Jason=-

Mr Steve

Reaction score
Wireless tethering and your current laptop or desktop :icon_ banana:
Thought about that, but upon further reflection that would pretty much preempt any Netflix streaming to my tv via my Roku box. So I increase my Netflix plan to make up that deficit, which cost more $$$ ... :icon_ devil:

Have to see what VZW official tethering stance is once they launch it. I really doubt they want me streaming HD movies over it, though.

michael123

Reaction score
pandora there thats the main reason, i dont carry my ipod anymore when i go work out, starting to love my Eris more and more each day.

armeddroid

Reaction score
oh yeah
and Shazam, since i do alot of music production, i do some serious sampling. Shazam helps identify songs that i never heard of. To me...thas tool is priceless.

acturbo

Reaction score
I use Droidlive constantly, all day at work, in the car, at the gym. That right there is worth the price of admission for me, plus I get GPS, and internet on the go.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Damn,
Post one thread about apps and have 2,000+ views the next...
This thread isn't about money, I don't care about the money.... I have just never had this type of technology at my finger tips, which is awesome in and of itself but Here is where I was going for.

I currently am hosting a website and I LOVE the ability to check on my statistics and what not from a mobile source

Like the first gentleman said, he uses it for clerical work, I am just needing a little thinking out of the box to see what possibilities I have no with this phone.

Ding911

Reaction score
Pandora, LastFM, PhoneMyPC, Flixster, Online Banking, DoggCatcher for podcasts, Google Maps, Amazon (so comes in handy when your shopping and want to know if your buying a good product or if your getting ripped on the price), Subsonic for my music server.... Not to mention the Google Market that you will need to even get these easily onto your phone. I think without the data package I really wouldn't consider the Android platform as a good option for me.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of when I got the Droid at Best Buy. It was the day it first came out and I had a 6:30PM appointment. I was next in line and the person ahead of me got up and said, "I refuse to pay that." I got the phone that he would've gotten. I suspect this would've been his first smartphone. Me too, but I had done research so I knew about the Data Plan.

dogwolf

Reaction score
Google Voice Search.

Hands down. Worth every penny. I use it every day and amaze my friends (including iPhone owners). Tell your device what you want and get it immediately. Insane.

What amazes me is, rarely do reviews and Droid vs. iPhone showdowns mention this as a significant feature. It's the best feature.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
All ya'll aren't even address the question.
Putting me on blast like I'm saying this phone ain't worth it.

Please, I will say again.... It IS NOT about the money, It is about The use I can get from this phone now I have the abilities it does!!!

DANG!
So tell me what I can get that maybe I don't know!

I got my phone loaded.... Widgets everywhere
I'm a huge sports and news buff, so I got my phone stacked with streaming news and info....

Get off