Confused on data plan?

hurstrescue

Reaction score
I clicked on 'Unlimited Data Usage' on My Verizon and it gave the following description:

Unlimited Data Usage
Connect your mobile Smartphone to your PC with an unlimited data feature from Verizon Wireless. This feature offers unlimited data usage for access to corporate or personal POP3/IMAP email accounts and web browsing. Customers with access to an enterprise mail server will have the ability to synchronize e-mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks. Qualifying voice plan is required.

I read this as I can tether my PC to my phone and use the data. Am I not reading it correctly? It is offered to me at $35.99, instead of the $44.99. Not sure why, other than a corporate discount I get through work. I was able to download PDANET and it worked great.

Stigy

Reaction score
The regular $29.99 plan for Unlimited Data Usage does not support tethering. The tethering option (coming Q1 2010) supported officially by Verizon will come with extra monthly fees.

PDANet is currently the workaround to this, but just note that tethering IS NOT covered under your unlimited data usage so Verizon may know and MAY charge you. Just a warning though.

hurstrescue

Reaction score
The regular $29.99 plan for Unlimited Data Usage does not support tethering. The tethering option (coming Q1 2010) supported officially by Verizon will come with extra monthly fees.

PDANet is currently the workaround to this, but just note that tethering IS NOT covered under your unlimited data usage so Verizon may know and MAY charge you. Just a warning though.

So why would Verizon give me the option to add it and describe it as connecting to my pc for data?