Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hi, Mike, not getting anything like that here. Screen goes to sleep and when I press the power button, I get a big digital time display. It tells me to hit back to resume last screen or home to return to launcher. Maybe you got a bad or incomplete download? Might be worth retrying.

Good idea. I am getting the same behavior as you regarding hit back or home tho. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kinda irritating how the "slide to unlock" shows up for about two seconds when I push power though. You don't get that at all? Maybe my phone is bogged down from other apps running?

-Mike

OK, now I do, because when I was first playing with it the last screen I was on was the same one the app is on (and no hint of the slide lock). This time, the last screen I was on was different than where the app is and I do see the old slide lock for maybe a second now... Don't know if I explained that very well, but see if it's the same for you.

What am I supposed to have checked? Been playing with options and Im still getting the lockscreen after the screen goes to sleep and I hit power button.

Wait..not confused, Im getting the screen to unlock by doing the pattern, thats what I am trying to adjust, so I dont have to do the pattern everytime the phone hibernates... is it this lockscreen or the sliding one?

Last edited:

petjakob

Reaction score
So it sounds like you want to have the pattern security screen not be on? It can be confusing terminology because with or without pattern we typically refer to this guarding screen as a lockscreen. With the current myLock versions, your pattern mode will exist beneath the secure mode custom lockscreen, or else you will be disabling the lockscreen entirely.

The next update will provide I think what you want, which is a suppression of thr pattern guard for a set number of minutes you choose, effectively locking the phone only after the idle period but otherwise giving you the convenience of no lockscreen.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So it sounds like you want to have the pattern security screen not be on? It can be confusing terminology because with or without pattern we typically refer to this guarding screen as a lockscreen. With the current myLock versions, your pattern mode will exist beneath the secure mode custom lockscreen, or else you will be disabling the lockscreen entirely.

The next update will provide I think what you want, which is a suppression of thr pattern guard for a set number of minutes you choose, effectively locking the phone only after the idle period but otherwise giving you the convenience of no lockscreen.

I think lol.. I just want the lockscreen (Pattern) to come on when I start the phone, not everytime the phone hibernates. Or maybe be able to set a timer that the lock pattern screen comes up after a set ammount of mins like you said..

wernst

Reaction score
Pet,

First, I wanted to thank you for the app. Even in its beta form, it does what I need it to, and the future features look like it will make it even more useful. I was going to donate on your blog, but your most recent post there suggests that you aren't actively working on it now, despite what posts here seem to say. Can you clarify?

For the record, I keep my Droid in a holster on my belt all day, and the screen is therefore always covered. Even if an errant camera or volume button press turned my droid on, there no way anything can touch the screen and therefore do anything.

Anyway, I hope you keep up the good work.

If you're still entertaining suggestions, then let me make one (and I'm new to Android, so forgive me if this has already come up): I wouldn't mind doing a pattern (or a slide) to unlock the screen just once per day -- but doing it constantly is beyond annoying. But by doing it once per day, you protect your data/device should it get lost - the next day after someone has found it, it stops working without the right unlock pattern. In a perfect world, this screen would display a message like "If found, send email to XXX or call XXX to return my device and for you to claim your reward for your trouble. Thanks."

I don't need to see this message every freaking time I power up the device, but I DO want someone who might find my device to read it. I figure doing an unlock once per day is a good balance between security and convenience.

I used a program like this on my old Treo 650 and it got my Treo returned to me while on a vacation once, yet it really didn't interfere with my repeated usage.

Anyway, food for thought.

-Warr

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Pet,

First, I wanted to thank you for the app. Even in its beta form, it does what I need it to, and the future features look like it will make it even more useful. I was going to donate on your blog, but your most recent post there suggests that you aren't actively working on it now, despite what posts here seem to say. Can you clarify?

For the record, I keep my Droid in a holster on my belt all day, and the screen is therefore always covered. Even if an errant camera or volume button press turned my droid on, there no way anything can touch the screen and therefore do anything.

Anyway, I hope you keep up the good work.

If you're still entertaining suggestions, then let me make one (and I'm new to Android, so forgive me if this has already come up): I wouldn't mind doing a pattern (or a slide) to unlock the screen just once per day -- but doing it constantly is beyond annoying. But by doing it once per day, you protect your data/device should it get lost - the next day after someone has found it, it stops working without the right unlock pattern. In a perfect world, this screen would display a message like "If found, send email to XXX or call XXX to return my device and for you to claim your reward for your trouble. Thanks."

I don't need to see this message every freaking time I power up the device, but I DO want someone who might find my device to read it. I figure doing an unlock once per day is a good balance between security and convenience.

I used a program like this on my old Treo 650 and it got my Treo returned to me while on a vacation once, yet it really didn't interfere with my repeated usage.

Anyway, food for thought.

-Warr

I just starting using WaveSecure, and it has an option when you sign on their webpage under your account to: "Lock Down Your Phone" remotely if you lose it, when you do this, the phone is unusable and displays this message on it:

This phone has been locked. Please contact (Alt Phone Number that you enter in settings) to return the phone.
Press enter to enter your pin and unlock the phone.

I like it, altho I wish at the end of the message it also said "We know where you live" <g>

Ahh just found out you can customize that message soo..

Last edited:

wernst

Reaction score
I just starting WaveSecure, and it has an option when you sign on their webpage under your account to: "Lock Down Your Phone" remotely if you lose it, when you do this, the phone is unusable and displays this message on it:

This phone has been locked. Please contact (Alt Phone Number that you enter in settings) to return the phone.

I like it, altho I wish at the end of the message it also said "We know where you live" <g>

Wow. Wavesecure is currently in beta but is offering free lifetime subscriptions for the android version. That's a smoking good deal that I'm going to have to check out. Thanks for the pointer.

-Warr

faxman75

Reaction score
I just starting WaveSecure, and it has an option when you sign on their webpage under your account to: "Lock Down Your Phone" remotely if you lose it, when you do this, the phone is unusable and displays this message on it:

Wow. Wavesecure is currently in beta but is offering free lifetime subscriptions for the android version. That's a smoking good deal that I'm going to have to check out. Thanks for the pointer.

-Warr

I just downloaded the app from the marketplace. Where do I get the lifetime deal? I'm signed up on marketplace and the website itself.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

-Warr

I just downloaded the app from the marketplace. Where do I get the lifetime deal? I'm signed up on marketplace and the website itself.

Then you have it :)

petjakob

Reaction score
Yeah, I really like wave secure. Its a really rock solid security solution that sidesteps pattern mode.

I am still working on the app. The recent communication is meant to portray my regret that I don't have more time to accelerate these updates & that progress might seem a little slow because I have a huge amount of complementary improvements that can't really be incrementally released or tested like we've done up till now.

The community participation I've gotten is what has kept me inspired to get things done so far. It is critically important

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to get off topic, but is Wave Secure better than Mobile Defense?

BTW great job on the progress Pet, I'm looking forward to updates :D

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Personally I believe so. I don't think Mobile Defense offers remote wipe option... I could be wrong. It's been a while since I compared the two and made the choice to go with Wave Secure.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Personally I believe so. I don't think Mobile Defense offers remote wipe option... I could be wrong. It's been a while since I compared the two and made the choice to go with Wave Secure.

Oh cool I'll check out Wave Secure, I installed Mobile Defense and thought it was neat lol

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Oh cool I'll check out Wave Secure, I installed Mobile Defense and thought it was neat lol
I forget the differences. But both websites gave good information for me to make a choice :)

wernst

Reaction score
There are quite a few posts on this forum that compare the two products. From what I've gathered.WaveSecure has more features, but Mobile Defense is smaller and lighter and is more precise in locating the device on a map. Apparently, MD can also be installed with root access so that it can turn on the GPS radio if it is already off. WS apparently can't turn on the GPS if it is off.

Both sound really interesting, and once I get through my first week of Droid ownership and acclimation, I'll check them both out.