myLock in Market! Skip the Lock Screen!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
myLock will bypass/remove/skip the 'slide to unlock' lock screen. Only the power button can 'wake' the phone!

myLock has been floating around DroidForums for a while. It's better known as the "we don't like the lockscreen" thread.
Found here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...al-mylock-thread-we-dont-like-lockscreen.html

It's finally in the Market! :icon_ banana: The developer has been very responsive here on the forums. Now every one can benefit from his work with any easy Market download! We need to support developers like this!

*petjakob is the developer for myLock* DONATE TO SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT
I have plans to go ahead and put up a donation version in the market. I don't believe in free version/full version for such simple & small apps, but I want an option directly in market to donate without going to our paypal separately. Plenty of small scale apps offer donate purchase. If you want to donate now, go to the project blog at myLock for android and click the donate button on the left sidebar.

Troubleshooting/Tips:

If you're experiencing an issue with myLock reverting to the lock screen, and you're using Handcent's Pop-Up, there is a setting you should be aware of.
Go into Handcent > Settings > Pop-Up Setting.... Make sure "Show on locked" in not checked. Handcent's Pop-Up uses the same 'call' to the OS to bypass the lock screen in order to display the pop-up. Leaving this option checked (enabled) doubles the call to the OS to disable the lock screen, which can cause myLock to not work properly.
As long as your Handcent Pop-Up settings are enabled for "Screen on for Popup", it will call the OS to 'wake' the screen, which will in turn tell myLock to bypass the lock screen. This will avoid any conflict with myLock and Handcent's Pop-Up.

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
myLock will bypass/remove/skip the 'slide to unlock' lock screen. Only the power button can 'wake' the phone!

myLock app

myLock has been floating around DroidForums for a while. It's better known as the "we don't like the lockscreen" thread.
Found here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...al-mylock-thread-we-dont-like-lockscreen.html

Well the developer has put myLock in the Market! :icon_ banana:

The developer has been very responsive here on the forums. His development has always progressed. (as I've followed, and used, every version that's been available for download during development)

Now every one can benefit from his work with any easy Market download!
We need to support developers like this!

Now that's it's hit the Market I believe it's time for myLock to have it's own application thread!

Thanks for the tip, Martin! Downloaded and like the app so far, (but then with your recommendation, how could I go wrong?) :D

MJ5150

Reaction score
Just got it downloaded and turned on.

I have Weather Widgets Donate. When I push the power button to come out of sleep mode, the "slide to unlock" shows briefly then it goes to my homepage. I get a message about the widget not loading and then it tells me to push the home or back button to get my widget back. Seems weird. If this persists, I will have to remove this app.

-Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just got it downloaded and turned on.

I have Weather Widgets Donate. When I push the power button to come out of sleep mode, the "slide to unlock" shows briefly then it goes to my homepage. I get a message about the widget not loading and then it tells me to push the home or back button to get my widget back. Seems weird. If this persists, I will have to remove this app.

-Mike

Hi, Mike, not getting anything like that here. Screen goes to sleep and when I press the power button, I get a big digital time display. It tells me to hit back to resume last screen or home to return to launcher. Maybe you got a bad or incomplete download? Might be worth retrying.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Hi, Mike, not getting anything like that here. Screen goes to sleep and when I press the power button, I get a big digital time display. It tells me to hit back to resume last screen or home to return to launcher. Maybe you got a bad or incomplete download? Might be worth retrying.

Good idea. I am getting the same behavior as you regarding hit back or home tho. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kinda irritating how the "slide to unlock" shows up for about two seconds when I push power though. You don't get that at all? Maybe my phone is bogged down from other apps running?

-Mike

MJ5150

Reaction score
curious...what happens when a incoming call comes in?

Good question! I just called my phone from my land line to find out.

For me, the screen lit up, the "slide to unlock" screen came on for about two seconds, then the slide to answer or ignore option came up. After I hung up, I got a force close on the mylock app. :(

-Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Good idea. I am getting the same behavior as you regarding hit back or home tho. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kinda irritating how the "slide to unlock" shows up for about two seconds when I push power though. You don't get that at all? Maybe my phone is bogged down from other apps running?

-Mike

OK, now I do, because when I was first playing with it the last screen I was on was the same one the app is on (and no hint of the slide lock). This time, the last screen I was on was different than where the app is and I do see the old slide lock for maybe a second now... Don't know if I explained that very well, but see if it's the same for you.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I did some more research here, and on the website for the guy who made myLock. It is by design that the "slide to unlock" screen appears momentarily.

I'm going to test some more later today on the force close after I answer a call though.

-Mike

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not bad, it's just two motions -- some people would prefer a single motion.

I may try this when
1) All the bugs are worked out
2) It doesnt temporarily show the slide lock screen (I'm sort of anal about dumb stuff like that)
3) The sweet "shake to unlock" feature is working

M

Matth3w

It does show up briefly sometimes, however, the brief second it shows up takes less time than swiping they keyboard so I don't really mind. It is ever so slightly irritating to see it but better than swiping.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I DL'd this last night for the first time.....and last night it was working, although like Matth3w was talking about, the lockscreen would show up for a second or 2 before skipping it....

But this morning, I brought my phone out of sleep, and it stayed on the lockscreen like normal?? Like I forgot that myLock was even turned til I seen the icon up in the notifications bar...so I tried it again by locking the phone and sure enough when I pressed the power button it DID NOT skip the lockscreen, I had to slide it across to get into my phone....

Very weird...