my X powers on by itself

gottcha

Reaction score
My DROID x turns its self on right after I shut it off every time! I'm running the latest stock software. I did a quick search yesterday and I found others with the same issue but no solution.

Help!

Natey2

Reaction score
That was supposed to have been fixed in .605 or .621
Are you not taking OTA updates from Verizon?
If something in the shutdown sequence causes a reboot, that could explain why your phone restarts. Try uninstalling some apps that might be doing strange things on shutdown.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
I have taken all the updates. The only new app that I have downloaded is Dead Trigger. I have also tried to kill all processes before shutting down. I did get it to shut down and stay off for 20 minutes but as soon as plug in the charger it turns on. I'll look for apps that could be causing this issue.

timmerz

Reaction score
My X does that if I hold the top on/off button down too long when trying to get it to shut off...I used to hold the button down until the sleep/off dialog box came up, and after selecting shut off it would go off then re-boot by itself...I learned that if I just hold the button down for 3 seconds and release the dialog box would then come up a second later and shut-down would be normal with no re-boot...
Don't know if this has any bearing on your problem at all, just thought I'd contribute a little layman's experience...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm shooting in the dark, but perhaps a battery pull would straighten it out? Leave the battery out for a few mins, then put it back in...