Help droid showing ? for battery

veggiop

Reaction score
Hi I have had my droid x for about 7 months now everything has been fine
but today my phone shut it self down when I was on a walk the battery is showing a "?" mark when I have it plugged into the wall.
It will turn on for a second but then shuts its self down again when it turns on the battery shows a "?" in the top right corner.
I have tryed to boot it with the sd card out and also tryed holding the power button and home button but it just shows an "!" inside of a triangle.
I am guessing it is the battery or the phone may have over heated I don't know I just want to know if someone else has had this issue or if someone knows how to fix it.
I will be heading to the store to see what they think tomorrow but I thought someone may have an ideal.

Thanks

dkbcraft1

Reaction score
I had this issue also with my droid X after the update I took my phone in and they told me not to install the update because its some kind of glitch and they sent me a new phone. I got my new phone today and all was good then the battery died and its doing the same thing now. But now it will not boot at all just sits at a screen with a battery with a ?.

Also when you boot and it boots for a second does an error message pop up saying that your battery is not a motorola battery? Well you don't rely have time to read it.