Phone turned itself "ON"

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Glad I found this post. Thought I was going crazy. Updated with tbh 2 part. Damn phone has be restarting for about 4 days now. Actually saw the booger do it once. Battery pull and no issue for last 24. 2nd X still on froyo, still not a single issue.

While there are many reporting this issue (see MOTO link above) not all have it and don't understand why. Wonder if anyone with a rooted phone or different launcher have this issue. I have a completely stock phone.

milski65

Reaction score
Mine is rooted (tbh 2 part odexed). I realize Moto wouldn't worry about someone like me who takes leaks (p3 droid, not the toilet) and wants root, but for it to happen to people with the official ota is completely unacceptable imo.

n2savinglives

Reaction score
What is .596. New to the DROID x family.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bart2546

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one. The wife and I both have the X and we both got Gingerbread. Each night we turn them off as normal and after 1 to 2 minutes we'll see them kick back on. Both are completely stock.

They also don't do this everyday. It's usually every other day or mine will do it for two days and hers will go a day without. Starting to think the updates brought ghosts to every ones phones.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Someone on the Motorola forum called Verizon which in turn called Motorola and both said they have not heard of this issue. This is crazy. This is something we may have to live with until it's time to upgrade. What a complete joke.

I did chat with Motorola and they said to send my phone in for repairs. They could not understand that this is a firmware issue and not a hardware issue.

I can't beleive they have had no complaints. It's on this forum, Verizon forum and Motorola forum.

Last edited:

milski65

Reaction score
Left my "problem child" at the house Sat. around 10 am. Came back Sunday around 5 and it was on, with 20% remaining on battery. Recharged. Pulled battery (again) and left on table. It's now 7:51 EST Monday and it's still off. I wonder how many non-forum members with an X are having the same problem. They must feel worse that we do. Although sometimes ignorance is bliss, or so they say.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
cool, your phone is now learning how to run autonomously!!!

skynet, here we come!

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Left my "problem child" at the house Sat. around 10 am. Came back Sunday around 5 and it was on, with 20% remaining on battery. Recharged. Pulled battery (again) and left on table. It's now 7:51 EST Monday and it's still off. I wonder how many non-forum members with an X are having the same problem. They must feel worse that we do. Although sometimes ignorance is bliss, or so they say.

Or the ones that never shut their phone off and are unaware of this issue.There are alot of people with this issue that have posted on several forums. Imagine the ones that don't post but have this issue.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My first DROIDX did this a couple times while on Froyo. I would shut it off, then it would reboot. My current one has never had this issue.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

bart2546

Reaction score
Well I'm going to chalk it up to Skynet becoming self aware lol.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're probably right. Its getting close to the end of the world...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Robslaw

Reaction score
This issue cannot be overlooked. It keeps happening. Last night 45 minutes after I shut the phone off it fired back up again.

milski65

Reaction score
Did 6 battery pulls altogether, both with phone on and off. I've had no restarts in 48 hours. I'm keeping an eye on this sucker for a week, but so far so good.

Atanere

Reaction score
This is happening with my Droid 2 also, running Liberty v.08. Glad to find info here (even if no solution).