Phone turned itself "ON"

OP
E

erict

Reaction score

AngelOfAnger

Reaction score
And you have stopped this occurrence with a battery pull but the problem returns, correct?

For me that's how it has been. Even after a battery pull the problem still returns....but I think zombiestomped may have fixed this...I'll keep testing.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
And you have stopped this occurrence with a battery pull but the problem returns, correct?

For me that's how it has been. Even after a battery pull the problem still returns....but I think zombiestomped may have fixed this...I'll keep testing.

I don't really want to install a ROM to correct this issue. I can live with other issues but the phone turning itself on is crazy.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I don't really want to install a ROM to correct this issue. I can live with other issues but the phone turning itself on is crazy.

You can try sbfing back to froyo and stay at froyo till gb bugs get sorted out ha

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Robslaw

Reaction score
Does it turn back on every time you have shut it off? I have only shut my phone off once and will test tonight.

Not everytime. Perhaps every other day now.

You correct. The battery pull stops the restart at that time. but eventually it will do it again another time when i shut it down and power off.

bplewis24

Reaction score
I guess this can only mean one thing: the assimilation is complete, and the Android army is poised to come "alive" and start taking over the world.

Brandon

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
While not everyone is experiencing this issue, MOTO is aware of this problem.

csimo

Reaction score
I tested this and was amazed that my phone automatically restarted after a few minutes of being powered off. The only way to be sure your phone is turned off is to pull the battery.

I notified the FAA about this issue. People with Droid X phones in their luggage or pocket and thought they turned it off may actually be unknowingly violating the law and possibly endangering the safety of others when their phone restarts on its own.

A friend of mine works at a place that would fire her if she had her cell phone turned on while at work. Thankfully she doesn't have a Droid X. I doubt her boss would believe that the phone was off but turned itself back on.

Last edited:
OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I agree this is an absolute joke. I can live with small bugs but this is major if you ask me. Either a battery pull or factory reset does not solve this issue. I am not a happy camper.

Last edited:
OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I have just giving up as nothing solves this MAJOR issue.

Battery pull does not solve
Factory reset does not solve
Clearing Cache does not solve

The only thing that works is leaving the battery out of the phone. Gotta love this:mad:

milski65

Reaction score
Glad I found this post. Thought I was going crazy. Updated with tbh 2 part. Damn phone has be restarting for about 4 days now. Actually saw the booger do it once. Battery pull and no issue for last 24. 2nd X still on froyo, still not a single issue.