My response from Verizon regarding 2.2 OTA

pepatrick

Reaction score
Mobile hotspot works great. Verizon turned it on for me today and so far so good.

deadernie

Reaction score
I was looking foward to the update that finally got pushed to my droid on the 18th because I was looking foward to the hotspot/tethering feature only to find out verizon was nice enough to disable it. The removal of features is probly what's causing the delay. Verizon's excuse is the hardware isn't capable of performing these things. . . . Sounds like a big steaming crock of BS to me.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I was looking foward to the update that finally got pushed to my droid on the 18th because I was looking foward to the hotspot/tethering feature only to find out verizon was nice enough to disable it. The removal of features is probly what's causing the delay. Verizon's excuse is the hardware isn't capable of performing these things. . . . Sounds like a big steaming crock of BS to me.

Think we got it the first time. :rofl3:

bobby_v

Reaction score
I was thoroughly against rooting but sure as the devil did it today. Full Froyo with Skyraider ROM and this thing works great. I'm not going to worry about the OTA's anymore.

As soon as I can do this with the Droid 2 I may be right there with you.

Cammo

Reaction score
Calm down everyone. Yes this is a touchy subject. At this point, I wouldn't believe ANYTHING that Verizon says about a release date. Period. They do not know. I was thoroughly against rooting but sure as the devil did it today. Full Froyo with Skyraider ROM and this thing works great. I'm not going to worry about the OTA's anymore.

What radio did you end up with? Was it included in the ROM or did you do it manually?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Right now I am on radio 2.05. Did it by the unrooted method. Then I rooted. I will probably do unrevoked forever and go to radio 2.15 this weekend.

Sent from Droid Incredible

egobuster1

Reaction score
im rooted running skyraider.
im running the baseband 2.05 and im hearing mixed reviews on the 2.15 radio so im holding off

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
Well, I asked Verizon for an update because we have still not received our 2.2 update and here in their newest response:

Mr. XXXXXXXX, at this time we do not have a date of when the when the Android 2.2 OS will be available for the HTC Droid Incredible phone. In addition, we also have not received notification that the HTC Droid Incredible phone will have Android 2.2 OS. The Incredible phones current software is the version 1.22.

Verizon Wireless is always looking for ways to enhance the Droid Incredible phone to better meet the needs of our customers. Your comments have been forwarded to our Leadership department for review and consideration. Your feedback provides us with the perfect opportunity to hear exactly what you think, and often leads to improvements you will see in the future.

In closing, I have advised that there is no release date of when and if the Android 2.2 OS will be available on the Droid Incredible phone.

You are a valued customer and your business is held in the highest regards. It is customers like yourself that make Verizon Wireless the premier carrier year-after-year, and your business is greatly appreciated.

Mr. XXXXXX, I hope the information I have provided regarding the HTC Droid Incredible phone was helpful.

What joke, this person doesn't even know what version of Android the Incredible is currently running. I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and root my droid. Just have to figure out how to do it and what to run on it when I do. I really like Sense and don't want to lose all the HTC widgets that come with it.

lewblue83

Reaction score
What joke, this person doesn't even know what version of Android the Incredible is currently running. I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and root my droid. Just have to figure out how to do it and what to run on it when I do. I really like Sense and don't want to lose all the HTC widgets that come with it.

there are ROMS out there that have froyo and sense.

i upgraded my radio to 2.05 then i rooted. then i used the skyraider 2.5.2 ROM and everything works perfectly.

i thought rooting would be a compromise, but it really isnt.