1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My response from Verizon regarding 2.2 OTA

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by KerrAvon, Aug 19, 2010.

1. KerrAvon

KerrAvon New Member

I sent message to Verizon yesterday asking them about the update. They called & E-Mailed me today. Here is the response I got:

So according to Donald the update is being pushed as we speak. He also told me if I don't have it by the 23rd to call Tech Support.
  2. lewblue83

lewblue83 New Member

hes probably just another verizon peon, reading a list of automated responses to type. probably thought the droid incredible and the Droid are the same phone. and figured since the Droid is currently getting theirs, so is the incredible.

ill have to see my update to believe it.
  3. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I wouldn't bother checking your phone's update screen. Completely worthless.

Keep your phone charged, though, as it won't install if it has too little battery power.

Got the OTA last night and I love it. (Moto Droid 1) Don't expect too many huge changes. I don't want to overhype it, but it is very good.
  4. Havoc70

Havoc70 New Member

And to this i call BS...

Note: to the VZ rep not to KerrAvon.
  5. beaubeau

beaubeau New Member

I just got off the phone with Verizon tech support. I was told last quarter of 2010 at the earliest.
  6. lewblue83

lewblue83 New Member

lmao. this REALLY REALLY REALLY makes me consider switching carriers. screw you verizon and your LAZINESS:icon_evil:
  7. atthehop

atthehop New Member

I guess your the most important person in the world.
  8. lewblue83

lewblue83 New Member

umm.......................................I never said me leaving the carrier would put verizon out of business. im simply stating im sick of waiting for software updates while other carriers push out their android updates MONTHS before Verizon.

your reading comprehension sucks. thanks for playing.:icon_eek:
  9. Grettski

Grettski New Member

I went through all this with the Eris. Suppose to be December for 2.0, then another month for 2.1. Then another week, then another month. We got it in May. The one thing I learned, Ya get it when ya get it. The Dinc is a great phone just as it is. When 2.2 gets here I'll jump for joy! But Im not losing any sleep over it. It will happen. I can only guess they want the update to go as smooth as possible. Cant blame them there....
  10. beaubeau

beaubeau New Member

Agreed, and with the free wireless tether app, it does everything i need.
  11. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Calm down everyone. Yes this is a touchy subject. At this point, I wouldn't believe ANYTHING that Verizon says about a release date. Period. They do not know. I was thoroughly against rooting but sure as the devil did it today. Full Froyo with Skyraider ROM and this thing works great. I'm not going to worry about the OTA's anymore.
  12. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

One note, I don't believe this has anything to do with laziness. I believe they got held up on the Droid rollout and are set back. That's it.
  13. deadernie

deadernie New Member

I was looking foward to the update that finally got pushed to my droid on the 18th because I was looking foward to the hotspot/tethering feature only to find out verizon was nice enough to disable it. The removal of features is probly what's causing the delay. Verizon's excuse is the hardware isn't capable of performing these things. . . . Sounds like a big steaming crock of BS to me.
  14. lewblue83

lewblue83 New Member

fair enough, but how do you explain the last update? the 2.1 update for the moto droid? that finally got rolled out after the nexus got 2.2! lmao.
  15. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Oh no doubt it takes them awhile. I honestly believe they run a much more extensive testing process than most of the other companies, but not positive. I know it sucks how long they take. But hey, it just gave a lot of people a reason to root. :D
  16. pepatrick

pepatrick New Member

Mobile hotspot works great. Verizon turned it on for me today and so far so good.
  17. deadernie

deadernie New Member

I was looking foward to the update that finally got pushed to my droid on the 18th because I was looking foward to the hotspot/tethering feature only to find out verizon was nice enough to disable it. The removal of features is probly what's causing the delay. Verizon's excuse is the hardware isn't capable of performing these things. . . . Sounds like a big steaming crock of BS to me.
  18. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Think we got it the first time. :rofl3:
  19. The_Profeshenal

The_Profeshenal New Member

My girl got her 2.2 for the Droid last night and the tethering isn't free you have to pay Verizon 2gig and 5 gig rates. Stick with PDANET.
  20. bobby_v

bobby_v New Member

As soon as I can do this with the Droid 2 I may be right there with you.