My droid bionic won't root

OP
D

derikogreen

Reaction score
n
I don't think it's been asked yet so I'll go ahead and ask it... and if I missed this, sorry!

Has this phone been rooted before? I saw you mentioned at the start it was running 5.9.905 - I'm assuming it's 100% stock? If it's ever been tinkered with or rooted before, it's possible that could be hindering the root process now, as somethingt in the /system partition could be leftover from before.

No it hasn't been rooted. I just received it about 2 or 3 weeks ago as a replacement from verizon.

OP
D

derikogreen

Reaction score
I could never find motofail ICS, I had a hard enough time finding motofail by it's self without companies trying to advertise

OP
D

derikogreen

Reaction score
I sent you an invite in gtalk. You get it?

Sorry, just now seeing this message. i dont see anything im my gmail account. I'm not too familiar with gmail. Is it a chat request that you sent. I see some one requesting a chat.

OP
D

derikogreen

Reaction score
Finally rooted, Thanks to everyone who assisted me on this journey. I didn't have access to another computer until today and that was one of the methods that everyone suggested. So I tried rooting my Droid bionic on another computer and it finally rooted. Once again thanks to everyone...:yr1::clap:

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
That's really cool derik! I'm very happy for you I knew all the advice you were getting was solid, frustrated the crap out of me. Now you can tell everybody that your own phone/PC pwn3d you and hazed you into phone hacking. (the hazing really was a joke when I said it, but that would really weed out the non-committed :))

Last edited:
OP
D

derikogreen

Reaction score
That's really cool derik! I'm very happy for you I knew all the advice you were getting was solid, frustrated the crap out of me. Now you can tell everybody that your own phone/PC pwn3d you and hazed you into phone hacking. (the hazing really was a joke when I said it, but that would really weed out the non-committed :))

I know, it frustrated me as well. Yes only the commtited can get the job done. Thanks again, i think I'll keep 2 or 3 pc's around just incase in the future. lol