My droid bionic won't root

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
And you are in an administrator account on the windows box, right? I can't get "run as administrator"( supply account name and password) prompt on ANYTHING with a right click, zips, uncompressed files, running as guest, running as administrator, running as me (administrator), but I have seen it before, maybe at work where I have to run as a user, so I don't think it's strictly a win 7 thing. Anybody? Input? Is that "run as administrator" a red flag telling us we're in a limited account? Can you hack phones from a limited account on a windows box? Need to have RWX on the FAT partition you're coming from? Is that immaterial? Freakin' 'ell! I may go to alaska and live in abandoned school bus until I die from eating poison berries.

Last edited:
OP
D

derikogreen

Reaction score
And you are in an administrator account on the windows box, right? I can't get "run as administrator"( supply account name and password) prompt on ANYTHING with a right click, zips, uncompressed files, running as guest, running as administrator, running as me (administrator), but I have seen it before, maybe at work where I have to run as a user, so I don't think it's strictly a win 7 thing. Anybody? Input? Is that "run as administrator" a red flag telling us we're in a limited account? Can you hack phones from a limited account on a windows box? Need to have RWX on the FAT partition you're coming from? Is that immaterial? Freakin' 'ell! I may go to alaska and live in abandoned school bus until I die from eating poison berries.

My account is set up as the administrator, I just went to my user accounts to be sure. Though my hard drive was partitioned by geek squad when i first got my laptop.

OP
D

derikogreen

Reaction score
:mad::angry::cus:I would have the hardest time in the world trying to root my phone. #%!@$

linuxgator

Reaction score
Google Talk is Google's chat program. You have it installed on your phone and in gmail. All you need to send him is your gmail address.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

altspeed

Reaction score
LOL.

This would be a good hazing ritual for the forum ;-) NO DEREK WE'RE NOT HAZING YOU. YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS AND GOING WTF.

Heck, I unrooted and rerooted mine just so I could watch and make sure I remembered it right. Oh, and a BTW to someone up in the thread, motofail ICS will root GB but Razr's Edge won't. Motofail ICS is Dan's original motofail exploit with a slick little patch by sargentmajord that makes it persistent from GB to ICS when voodooed, regular motofail won't persist GB to ICS even voodooed, and razr's edge won't root GB, so motofail ICS is the best of all possible worlds for a bionic (or D4 or Razr i guess) root solution.

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's been asked yet so I'll go ahead and ask it... and if I missed this, sorry!

Has this phone been rooted before? I saw you mentioned at the start it was running 5.9.905 - I'm assuming it's 100% stock? If it's ever been tinkered with or rooted before, it's possible that could be hindering the root process now, as something in the /system partition could be leftover from before.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was CERTAIN I had it figured out 3 times. It was almost as frustrating as game 6 of last year's world series.

Don't even get me started... I knew once that ended it was over for the Rangers. :(

altspeed

Reaction score
Well, you know we are going back again this year, as a matter of fact I don't think we have to win the division outright to do it even. I think there's a great chance the division winner and both AL wild cards could come from the west. Only thing I'm spooked about is how the yanks seem disproportionately good against the rangers this year.

eye_dea

Reaction score
derikogreen said:
Was this message for me, If so what's gtalk

Yes. Its google talk. You can download it on your pc and use your gmail address. Basically its an IM messaging program. Or you can use google+.