my bionic gets slower and slower

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by JaxGuyWestside, Dec 25, 2012.

1. kdwisdom

kdwisdom Member

Ratings:
    +1
    On what grounds did they let you get a Maxx?

2. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    They offered a RAZR, galaxy, and some HTC thing. I made the argument that i needed to stick with Motorola because of all my Accessories. I also have and need an extended battery for my bionic, and the battery on the RAZR would not be sufficient.

I also stayed firm, but polite, the entire time. Took a few calls, and I had a legitimate reason (the audio hiss)

3. Captain Crypto

Ratings:
    +3
    This has a been a chronic problem for me as well. After a lot of experimentation I've got my phone in a tolerable condition. I tried a bunch of different combinations of settings and in the end I settled on both "animation scale" settings at .5x. Also, I switched back and forth between GO and Nova (Prime) launchers, and found that Nova is not as laggy.

What I found particularly useful, although I cannot confirm the correlation/causation factor, was to do a cache wipe in recovery and phone reboot each time I made a change. When it starts to get a little laggy I'll do another cache wipe.

Whatever happens, I do not want to re-install and I don't want to do another factory data reset. I did an FDR right after updating via the HoB and I'd rather not go through that again.

4. lm2

lm2 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    My bionic is also slow and laggy after upgrading to ics 246. Would some custom rom potentially help?

5. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Yep. Custom ROMs have helped me big time. I recommend blurry max for performance. Eclipse for best battery life. And, Icarus for RAZR circle widget. Are you rooted?

6. lm2

lm2 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yep, I'm rooted and have used Rsdlite before to fxz .246. But I've never installed a custom rom before. I'm totally willing to do it if it can help performance.

7. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    It will help alright. Install safe strap 3.11 and use it to flash any custom ROMs. My favorite is blurry maxx. Send me a pm with your gmail address and I'll send you an invite through gtalk so that we can converse easier. There are some awesome ROMs out for bionic.

8. lm2

lm2 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Much appreciated!

9. bbtkd

bbtkd Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Regarding power issues, I can't say enough about Juice Defender Ultimate. After the .246 update my power really became an issue. It doesn't help that I get marginal to no signal at work, and that alone sucks it dry. I've had juice defender for several weeks and continue to tweak it and my apps. Today was unprecedented; after 12 hours I am still at 91%. Granted I have not made any calls but still, even doing nothing I would have been down to 60% or less without JD on a good day, or 30% on a bad day. One key thing is to be aware of what stays running, and what uses the network perpetually. Where you can set update intervals, set those to as long as you can tolerate.

10. samwifi

samwifi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya I had the same issue. I'm done with the bionic. My solution was to buy a razr maxx hd (incredible couldn't be happier) . My opinion is that the ics update is just to much for the bionic hardware. I don't know though, I'm no expert.. I'm just sick of a terribly performing handset.

11. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Bionic hardware is more than capable of handling ICS. Mine runs perfect on it. Not every phone is alike. There are many factors that contribute to a phone crapping out. I bought my bionic on September 8th 2011 and its still as solid as ever. Even better on ICS.

12. jkensing

jkensing New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone was fast but not snappy. I downloaded quite a bit of apps and had several widgets running. I decided to do a factory reset and the phone is snappy again. I would have probably left it alone but I use a lapdock with my phone and when I connected and disconnected from the lapdock the phone was slow to transistion from phone to lapdock mode and vice verse. Since the factory reset, everything is fast. I feel like I got a new phone. While it took awhile for ICS, the phone has always been reliable for me. My wife has the same phone and she's not an app junkie I left hers alone as hers is running just fine.

Search tags for this page
bionic slow
droid bionic getting slow
droid bionic running slow

droid bionic slow

droid bionic slowing down

my droid bionic is running slow

my droid bionic is slow

why is my droid bionic running slow

why is my droid bionic slow
why is my droid bionic so slow