my bionic gets slower and slower

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
VZW is doing me right, and offered to swap me from a Bionic to a Razr Maxx. The jist I got was that the audio issues with the headset port only affect a certain percentage of Bionics in circulation. However, both the replacements I got had the issue, so they offered a selection of replacement devices I could choose from.

It's been real.

It's been fun.

But I wouldn't say its been real fun.

Reaction score
VZW is doing me right, and offered to swap me from a Bionic to a Razr Maxx. The jist I got was that the audio issues with the headset port only affect a certain percentage of Bionics in circulation. However, both the replacements I got had the issue, so they offered a selection of replacement devices I could choose from.

It's been real.

It's been fun.

I am with you. I should have never taken the OTA. I was running great on .232 leak. The OTA basically made my phone horrible. I figured Moto had it together because .232 really rocked, and solved the data drop ( .90x was freakin horrible).

In the end, in hindsight, the Bionic had some good times, but the data drop issues plagued the phone from the beginning. Then the last update seemed to cause a lot of other issues.

I am loving my Note 2. I didnt want to have to upgrade. I am telling clients to avoid Moto phones now. I had a friend other day who was having issues with his Razr phone. Verizon was sending him another. I remember my X totally bricking ( i did nothing to cause this) on me before I got the Bionic. ( moto did send me a replacement).

So Moto needs to get it together. Samsung is crushing them....

I cant even sell my Bionic with good conscious because it sucks so bad. Ita basically a backup in case I need it.

deduct

Reaction score
My bionic has been great since I bought it on launch day. 246 has only made it better. Sorry that your experience with moto has been so bad. I have had a great success with Motorola since my og droid. Don't forget, every manufacturer has lemons.

HowardL168

Reaction score
My Bionic was grinding to a halt as well. I read a post somewhere that said going into developer options and setting "window animation scale" and "transition animation scale" to .5x would help. I tried it and the phone is much snappier. I was skeptical, but it's made a big difference.

"INDEED", so far much snappier after changing these 2 settings! Hope it stays this way! ;-)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
My bionic has been great since I bought it on launch day. 246 has only made it better. Sorry that your experience with moto has been so bad. I have had a great success with Motorola since my og droid. Don't forget, every manufacturer has lemons.

can I go from .232 to .246 with no wipe? I haven't been following the development path since I put .232

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
can I go from .232 to .246 with no wipe? I haven't been following the development path since I put .232

Do not do it!!! .232 made my phone great. .246 ruined it. Granted, this isnt happening to everyone, but why risk it.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do not do it!!! .232 made my phone great. .246 ruined it. Granted, this isnt happening to everyone, but why risk it.

because I don't like waiting 5 seconds for a call to go through after I press the dial button... or texts and apps to lag... not to mention some home screen redraws(stock)

HowardL168

Reaction score
While the good news is that those animation settings have definitely improved "functional" performance, it has not done anything for the (poor) "battery" performance! :-(

kdwisdom

Reaction score

It's been real.

It's been fun.

On what grounds did they let you get a Maxx?

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
On what grounds did they let you get a Maxx?

They offered a RAZR, galaxy, and some HTC thing. I made the argument that i needed to stick with Motorola because of all my Accessories. I also have and need an extended battery for my bionic, and the battery on the RAZR would not be sufficient.

I also stayed firm, but polite, the entire time. Took a few calls, and I had a legitimate reason (the audio hiss)

Reaction score
This has a been a chronic problem for me as well. After a lot of experimentation I've got my phone in a tolerable condition. I tried a bunch of different combinations of settings and in the end I settled on both "animation scale" settings at .5x. Also, I switched back and forth between GO and Nova (Prime) launchers, and found that Nova is not as laggy.

What I found particularly useful, although I cannot confirm the correlation/causation factor, was to do a cache wipe in recovery and phone reboot each time I made a change. When it starts to get a little laggy I'll do another cache wipe.

Whatever happens, I do not want to re-install and I don't want to do another factory data reset. I did an FDR right after updating via the HoB and I'd rather not go through that again.

lm2

Reaction score
My bionic is also slow and laggy after upgrading to ics 246. Would some custom rom potentially help?

deduct

Reaction score
Yep. Custom ROMs have helped me big time. I recommend blurry max for performance. Eclipse for best battery life. And, Icarus for RAZR circle widget. Are you rooted?

lm2

Reaction score
Yep. Custom ROMs have helped me big time. I recommend blurry max for performance. Eclipse for best battery life. And, Icarus for RAZR circle widget. Are you rooted?

Yep, I'm rooted and have used Rsdlite before to fxz .246. But I've never installed a custom rom before. I'm totally willing to do it if it can help performance.