Solution to slow and sluggish phone after ICS update

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I turned off transition animation scale, AND window animation scale. I was still noticing some lag. I then changed 'background process limit' to NO background processes and my phone is finally acting like quick and speedy. Not sure what background process thing does exactly, but I could not handle 20-30 second delays opening apps.

Careful, because what you just did is completely disable multitasking. Which may be fine for the way you use the phone, but if you start to have issues switching between apps and such, try setting it to a slightly higher number than zero.

BTW my transition and window animation scales were both set to 1 by default. Wonder how they are getting set higher in the first place? Good catch though, I will add this to my list of checks when people complain about ICS being slow.

RDDrummer

Reaction score
I took a look at mine and it was at 1x. I'll leave it there for now and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

Mine was at 1x too, but I switched it to .5x and it still made a big difference. You might want to give it a try. Mine was way slow after the ics update from the other day, but now seems to be back to about normal.

angelbowler

Reaction score
Somebody suggested this in a different forum. I tried and noticed the difference. Thought it might help some folks. If your phone is slow and sluggish, try this:

Please go to settings>developers options>transition animation scale and make sure its on .5x and not 10x or it will be slower than a snail. Once you switch it make sure it stays there it took me a few times before it stayed put and started going fast again.

Also, try a system cache clean and/or FDR after installation if you have too many issues after the ICS x update. It will resolve some or lots of problems.

Mine was set at 1x so I set it at .5x and it's much faster and smoother. Thank you!
Update: Was faster. The Window Animation scale is also set at 1x by default. Should I change that to .5x as well?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited: