Music App Lag

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with the steadiness of the music app when its playing while your trying to do something else like managae applications in settings? For me it gets all choppy n the phone will lag to the point it wont even awake the screen after being locked :( wtf my OG droid didnt do that I thought that's what daul core was for?:(

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Is your music stored on your external SD card? I had all sorts of multimedia issues untill my sd took a crap...Verizon is sending me a new on and it should be here in the am...In the mean time I have a 1 gig Sandisk SD card full with music and no problems at all today...6 hours of solid playing at work..

I surfed the net and checked my email druing it.

OP
xgrinder911

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Actually because of the sdcard glitch (I read about it another post) nothing is being saved on my sdcard it all goes to internal storage

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
There seems to be a discussion about how the sd card is pathed...I am talking about poor quality cards...I don't recognize the name on the card that came with it.

I will be curious to see how the replacement card is. I found a 8 gig Sandisk card when I got home from work this evening...it was in an old camera we don't use anymore. Even when transfering 5 gigs of data to it the transfer speed hasn't dropped below 4 MB/Sec. Transfering the same files to the original card fell below 2.5 MB/Sec. This is transfering via a card adapter that plugs into my laptop.

Tboy72

Reaction score
I also have all sorts of problems with the music in the music player being all choppy. The music is stored in the SD card. So the card the phone came with is crap? Is there a brand anyone can recommend? Do the cards come with different levels of how fast they can transfer data or is that more the phones hardware?

I don't care how much the card costs, j just want one that works. Can the music be stored in the phones internal memory or is that not recommended?

Tboy72

Reaction score
If nothing else, I can just use the iPhone 4 I gave up to move to android. My iPhone wasn't choppy. Good thing I kept it.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
If it is a.bad card call Verizon and have them replace it. They a guaranteed for a year. I will just keep getting replacements till they send a good one.

Tboy72

Reaction score
If it is a.bad card call Verizon and have them replace it. They a guaranteed for a year. I will just keep getting replacements till they send a good one.

Thanks. I will call them. There really is no reason for the music to be choppy. Do you know of any decent brands? Is Kingston dancedroiddecent? I'm not sure what is in the phone now. I just hope Verizon doesn't tell me its not the SD card.

Tboy72

Reaction score
So I replaced the SD card today with an 8 GB PNY class 10 card and downloaded my music onto it and I still have choppy music playback. I tried the Amazon player and the android player and it doesn't make a difference. It doesn't even pay to use my device for my music library. This is almost unacceptable. Does anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it? With the choppy music playback and stuttering video recorder, I may just return the X2 for a completely different model. You don't really pay 200.00 for a product that kind of works.

Any advice??

Elite49

Reaction score
Anyone know the X2 SD card's right class? It came with a Class 2, I own a Class 4 tho. Wondering whats the right one to use.

Elkay

Reaction score
Class just determines speed. Even class 2 is fine for streaming music or video from. The better classes only really matter when dumping huge amounts of data to them, such as whole music collections or a bunch of movies. Try Winamp for playing music and see how it goes. Comes with a nice widget, too.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
My original Droid and my DroidX both had calls 2 Sandisk cards and they both played the music fine..never any skipping..

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone know the X2 SD card's right class? It came with a Class 2, I own a Class 4 tho. Wondering whats the right one to use.

Your phone came with a class 2? Mine came with a class 4.

Sent from my DROID X2

zwolf4444

Reaction score
I tested mine with the SD card that worked perfectly in my Droid 2. Still stutters constantly. This even happens with Pandora, which isn't using the SD card at all. I think its an issue with the phone's audio processor.

dmgerbino

Reaction score
I have the same sound glitches accross all music players I have used (built in, Google, Amazon, Pandora). I like my phone so I will wait for a patch.