Lag

modified

Reaction score
I'll cut straight to the point. My 7 day old droid is lagging, and it's annoying. I do have many apps running at the same time (music, browser, and maybe an app or two) but i thought the Android system will shut down the processes if it needs more ram. Should i download the taskiller app or is it just OCD?

Btw, how do i reboot the phone?:icon_ banana:

Thanks

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you feel it's lagging more than when you first got it, download a task killer (I recommend Advanced Task Manager) and that should solve your problems. To reboot, hold down the power key that is on the top of your phone, wait for a window to pop up, and choose shut down. Once it has shut down, hold the power button down again until the screen turns on.

JayMonster

Reaction score
It is your OCD... if you are DOING things with the apps (running music in the background while browsing and something else is running) there is nothing for the OS to clean up.

I strongly recommend against Task Killers. Virtually every issue here with Force Closes and disappearing items can be traced to people using task killers to wipe out a process while it has a SQLite Database open causing corruption.

imiller913

Reaction score
It might be a little of both LOL, I would restart the phone and if it keeps lagging I would download a task killer

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although task killers are not necessary, I like to have one after opening a lot of apps in a short period of time. It's also nice to have one in case a 3rd party app is causing problems and won't close. It's not a necessity, but it is an option.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I don't think you need a task killer. You can kill programs in the Settings.

Rebooting the phone? Turn it off.

If that doesn't do it, pull the battery.

mpenda

Reaction score
Are you running Home++? The current version seems to have introduced some sluggishness on the Droid. Try running with the default home for a while and see if it disappears. In general, that's a better way to determine what the hang-up is, disable apps and re-enable them and pay attention until the issue returns.