How To Downgrade My Phone?

PetersonBrian23

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
PetersonBrian
Hello All,
I've owned Samsung GALAXY Star Plus GT-S7262, after I bought a new phone, I was given my old phone to my father. The phone is just used for calls and SMS, the phone is already slow and lagging and touch also lagging. I want to minimize the functionality of the phone to become more fast and not lag anymore, like uninstall the system applications like Galaxy Apps, not used system tools, things like that. How to do it?
Thanks in advance

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum... I'm not familiar with phone.. I'm sure we don't have any members here with the phone... XDA Developers is a good source to look into when tinkering with the phone.. I think obtaining root would probably be best if possible..

You can look here :

Samsung Galaxy Star Forum on XDA Developers

Pixel 2 XL

Alex Pro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6s
As I Understand you should root your device to downgrade your device. you can use Samsung Odin for that. Otherwise, i do not think you can do it. because you need root permission to remove system files.

alexapps2571

Reaction score
Yeh your best option would be to flash stock firmware using Odin, you don't necessarily need to ROOT your device. Just re-flash it.

Author of Crucial Android Blog
Android App Developer

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll gain much by trying to uninstall apps - you'll most likely only succeed in creating system instability.

Just do a factory reset, and then manually disable some of the apps.

Also, scheduling a nightly reboot with Tasker or some other program has always worked wonders for my phone.