Droid homescreen lag and overall lag

mdmartin101

Reaction score
Hey so I've had my droid for about a year now. I noticed very quickly that it tends to lag....like really bad. Usually it's after exiting an app by going to the homescreen. The icons will take a good 40, 50 seconds before showing up. Then if I click on an app it'll take about a minute before it can actually show up. As you can imagine this is very annoying when I need to show someone something quickly.

I don't have that many apps but I do have a lot of music. I've played around a bit with it and it seems once I get more then 3 or 4 albums of music, with about 6 or 7 apps it begins to lag. Along with that the browser FREQUENTLY freezes and crashes.

I haven't really hacked the droid or anything(Don't want to void warranty's). But I'm willing to do anything if someone could please help me.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root, flash a custom rom, run the supercharge script by Zepplinrox, and enable compcache. It's like a new phone after.

OP
M

mdmartin101

Reaction score
I'm sorry but like I said, I've never real hacked my phone. could you please explain what those things are?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plenty of guides on here. Search "root droid 1 regardless of OS" to root your phone. Installing a ROM is incredibly easy. If you decide to go forth with rooting, I'd be happy to walk you through that. After you do get your ROM installed then search "Zeppelinrox V6 Supercharger script". Then your D1 will be better than you could have ever imagined.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

mdmartin101

Reaction score
Where would I be able to download the ROM if I go through with it.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Forum/Droid Hacking/Custom ROMS

That is where most of the developers of D1 Rom's are located. Liquid, Project Elite, Steel Droid are just a few that you will see. Just read everything in the Rom's original post (OP) and it will explain the details.

After flashing Roms a couple times you will kick yourself for waiting so long. Your new problem then will be trying to stay away from this site.

Remember to search for answers in the search box at the top before posting questions. Most everything you are wondering is already in here.

Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
M

mdmartin101

Reaction score
On the Root the droid thread the .zip file is invalid.