I've joined the Club

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The "I found something on the side of my screen under the glass" club ...:icon_ nono2:

It's not visable looking straight at it, and not really bothersome, but you know how OCD we are about our little buddy's.

Kinda ends the honeymoon period, already had a nick on the left side bezel edge which I corrected.

BTW I wonder if they thought about calling it the "little Buddy" or would they have to pay royalties to Gilligan's Isl;and Creators? :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The "I found something on the side of my screen under the glass" club ...:icon_ nono2:

It's not visable looking straight at it, and not really bothersome, but you know how OCD we are about our little buddy's.

Kinda ends the honeymoon period, already had a nick on the left side bezel edge which I corrected.

BTW I wonder if they thought about calling it the "little Buddy" or would they have to pay royalties to Gilligan's Isl;and Creators? :)

While I'm obsessed with my Droid just like you are, I never go looking for something wrong with it. I can understand somebody being totally obsessed, it's so cool words can't describe it but some of the things people find "wrong" with it do nothing but irritate me.

Funny you mentioned Gilligans Island because before I even go to that part of your post that was the first thing I though of when you said "little buddy." :)

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi HB,

Don't get me wrong, I dont go looking at it, just happend to be looking at the right time, light, etc.

Not planning on returning it or anything for that, my first thought was "thank god it isn't right int he middle fo the screen! That would be like a scratch on my glasses ...

I'm totally with you in terms of the total perfectionist.

Funny though, the Droid would be more like the Professor than Gilligan :)

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Any ideas how it got there? I know one forum member got stuff under the glass after using an air can to clean out ports.

Are you using any sort of case or pouch?

I feel your pain. It's like the first ding on a brand new car. :eek:

moosc

Reaction score
I have a scratch on my screen sucks. Can feel it with my finger nail. I read we have gorilla glass so what gives. My storm never scratched

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a scratch on my screen sucks. Can feel it with my finger nail. I read we have gorilla glass so what gives. My storm never scratched

I'm not doubting your word here, but I got to tell you it's very, very hard to scratch glass. Check this out if you haven't seen it already:

[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8[/video]

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
No idea, haven't used air on it, read that thread too. I plan on cleaning the earphone with a q-tip mashed with a finger so it's flattened somewhat, and dip it in a small bit of isopropyl alcohol, should work ok for that, not going to press, etc.

I've only used the VZ pouch, and media dock.

Since there was interest, I took two photos of it, again, you have to be in the right light to see it (thank god). Was only by change that I noticed it.

I figure I might try suction on the right side to draw it away if I'm ever inclined. Not returning because my Droid has been running great so far, no issues to report, I'm looking forward to getting 2.1 on it within 30 days if rumours are to be correct.

One has to figure if you returned it for something like this, you have larger issues to deal with :) Besides you don't know what the next one will be like. I'm sure by some misfortune if I bust it later on (accidental drop, etc.) then I'll use the insurance.

Know what I mean?

Attachments

• IMG_3110.JPG
    IMG_3110.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3109.JPG
    IMG_3109.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 166