Music stops

ThaUrbanMyth

Reaction score
So this is getting pretty annoying. Its the only problem ive had with this phone. No matter what kjnd of media I am playing...music you tube... Doesnt matter. It straight up stops about a minute after the screen shuts off. Its really getting to me. Ive removed just about everything. Removed launcher screen locks all anti virus task killers cant fix this issue. Im one day a way from doing a factory reset. Any suggestions before I take it that far?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

TeleChef

Reaction score
Any luck figuring it out? Mine does the dame thing unless its plugged in and charging....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I'm using winamp here today and it's doing the same thing, just randomly shutting down and it is not in my auto end list. My only complaint so far.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
So this is getting pretty annoying. Its the only problem ive had with this phone. No matter what kjnd of media I am playing...music you tube... Doesnt matter. It straight up stops about a minute after the screen shuts off. Its really getting to me. Ive removed just about everything. Removed launcher screen locks all anti virus task killers cant fix this issue. Im one day a way from doing a factory reset. Any suggestions before I take it that far?

Sadly. Factory Reset and leave it stock is what got me to a manageable state. I had a Company Store Manager tell me that app downloads are what caused me my problems. My "App downloads" had consisted of WeatherBug.
Since then a very nice Verizon Corporate Employee has told me what I hoped was true, the phone is designed to support app downloads BUT leaving it stock has certainly made it better (not right) but better.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I'm glad that is fixing your issue because it's not fixing mine.
Mine isn't on the auto end list. grrr.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
Sadly. Factory Reset and leave it stock is what got me to a manageable state. I had a Company Store Manager tell me that app downloads are what caused me my problems. My "App downloads" had consisted of WeatherBug.
Since then a very nice Verizon Corporate Employee has told me what I hoped was true, the phone is designed to support app downloads BUT leaving it stock has certainly made it better (not right) but better.

I've just reset mine back to factory and am seeing if that makes it better.
Frustrating though. I'd not rooted mine and not downloaded much other than some things like angry birds, a photo editor and changed back grounds.

Are they saying if we do any of those things it makes the music player unstable?

grnidkjun

Reaction score
OK factory reset did not work. Music player still stopping. what a pain.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Happens to me when plugged into the FM transmitter in my car. Music is easily one of the main things I used my phone for and of course it's one of the few things I can't fix on the X2.

Trust me, I've tried it all and my last hope is either Gingerbread/another X2 specific OTA update.

Zyph

Reaction score
This happens to me and its really annoying. But does anyone know if this happens with Winamp?

Zyph

Reaction score
Ughhh just confirmed it does indeed happen with Winamp. This is unacceptable.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ughhh just confirmed it does indeed happen with Winamp. This is unacceptable.

Yep, PowerAMP too. Trust me, when I said I've tried everything, I've literally tried everything. And since even the replacement phone had the same problems, I can safely assume it's a problem with the phone in general.

topher420

Reaction score
Mine does the.same thing and it also happened on my DROID 2 global. So annoying!!

Zyph

Reaction score
Okay, so I took mine to the Verizon store today, and the guy suggested I take the battery out, then do a factory reset. Taking the battery out in this case clears the hardware cache and a factory reset ensures it's not a software problem. That seemed to fix it for now, at least for me.

topher420

Reaction score
Just pulling the battery. Like a soft reset?? Mine stops sometimes and others it works fine.

magman

Reaction score
i just did 15 mins of music in stock player with a 93 mb vid uploading to youtube navagation on veiwing live map with satilite veiw and zooming in and out of map moving it all around the whole time and i could get the music to skip stop or anything maybe im just lucky