Music App Lag

kingsway8605

Reaction score
You can unroot the phone, and yes they do check to see if its rooted.

If you send the phone back still rooted, you will get billed for the replacement phone. $500-600

To unroot check out this link:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...nroot-x2-get-ready-go-back-vzw-right-way.html

Sent from my DROID X2

Verizon doesn't check for root. There was an article about this on droid life when verizon changed their warranty policy a few months ago.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/16/verizon-begins-charging-full-price-of-warranty-phones-if-rooted/

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
This is freaking weird,,,
When I first got my X2 I put my OG's sd card in and started to play.
The music worked fine and all the pics too. I formatted the card in the X2 and copied
back all the photos and music.

I don't get pops, snaps or pauses. The only weirdness is when I try to multitask, the other day I was playing music with the stock player I opened the browser and got a audible wobble noise. Then nothing, I jumped around to my different bookmarks and the music played on. Huh, so I stopped the music and opened Sirius and put some music on, hit play on the music player and both played at the same time! (that is like being in a washing machine)
Stopped everything again, and opened Sirius again and then the browser and instantly the music stopped.
I never had the problem before cuz I don't multi-task when listening to music. Music, Satellite streaming, or audible book is all I do at that time. (guess I do multi-task by hiking or riding my bike,,)

By the way, my OG 16GB sd card is a class 2. I found an 32GB micro card for $50 also a class 2, it won't work at all.
As I said, "Weird."

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
My choppy music problem has been resolved. I simply downloaded and installed a player called PowerAMP. I have no issues with playback with that player. It does cost about 5.00 but there is a free trial. There are a bunch of options and settings in that player that make playback sound incredible. Anyone with playback issues should give PowerAMP a look.

Now that I know how, I can make even this app wobble or chop as you say.

But this is a very good music app. It found all my songs in a few seconds.
The equalizer is worth price of admission. Thanks!

Xtaban

Reaction score
Music Skips too

And root + the memory allocation fix takes care of that. Another free fix. Case in point with all these "free fixes" to make the DX2 work like it should have out of the box, I'm glad I switched to the D3.

I am now on my SECOND replacement Droid X2 as I have tried everything you can think of except rooting (which I have no use for other than making a phone work the way its supposed to out of the box, but illegally). Faster SD card (class 10) didn't work either. I convinced Verizon to let me replace my Dx2 for a Droid 3. I'm hoping to GOD that it doesn't have the same problems. Least I'm getting a front-facing camera now which I'll never use, and a slide out keyboard that I've missed so much since my OG Droid. =)

dmgerbino

Reaction score
I finally called Verizon about the audio issues when playing music and podcasts and made an official complaint. They also transferred me to Motorola so I could do the same with them. Verizon said they knew of the issue. Motorola said they never heard of it. I told both companies about the posts here. I also made an official post at the official Motorola support website. Https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57459

-Dave

Update: The Motorola support phone number is 1.866.721.5480

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums