MULTIMEDIA DOCK - MIKRADLE - For use WITH covers and jackets!

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Got MIKradle today!

This is a great accessory to the Droid. I have a Body Glove case on my Droid, and the magnet works right through it, so the Droid automatically goes into docking mode no problem.

Now I can uninstall Dockrunner, and best of all I have a place to put my handset every night.

I can attest firsthand that the MIKRADLE is just as nice--if not nicer--than it looks in the pictures. Excellent design and craftsmanship. And customer service was beyond the call. I had a concern about the stain, and my concern was answered and then some. Mike told me to tell him I wanted, and so I sent Mike (hey, I just made the name connection to the product name), a picture and he matched the stain of my nightstand. That's very cool, and that's GREAT customer service. In fact, I can't remember being treated so well.

I will be ordering another one for my desk. The Droid keeps getting better... great products like this are part of the experience.
I really appreciate the wonderful compliments of not only DroidPDX, but of all those who have purchased and left such glowing feedback! Thanks all! :)

Many of you have been requesting this MIKRADLE in black. I listended. I did. So tonight I'm introducing our newest color - BLACK!
http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOROLA-DROID-...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item20af2a850d

The Classic Series (current offerings) are as of tonight available in Black - this to answer the countless requests for this color. So - for those who having been waiting - you may now order - it's a reality! Sorry it took so long, but you have to know that Black Lacquer is a bit more complicated than stain with clear coats. But it's now here - so hopefully we'll see a great response to this latest addition to our lineup!

As a new Supporting Vendor - look for our banner ads coming real soon! Thanks to the staff here for making this an easy venture for us! It's a wonderful place to be - and I can't say enough about how well it's run. I'm a moderator on another site, and appreciate all the work it takes. And with the overwhelming size of this Forum - that's no small job! Kudos to the Administrators and the Mods! cuskit :)

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
will this work with the seidio extended battery?
MIKRADLE has not been tested with extended batteries. We can make the "shelf" wider, but cannot guarantee the magnet will still work. I will test it out and get back to you within 24 hours! :) cuskit

EDIT: Yes! MIKRADLE DOES work with the Seidio Extended Battery! mike

Rettocs

Reaction score
What is the second hole in the back of the dock for? Is that for the external speaker?

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
What is the second hole in the back of the dock for? Is that for the external speaker?
Yes - that's so that your external speaker is not muffled or muted when placed on the MIKRADLE.

By the way - many believe their speaker is the entire width of the phone. But that's not true. It's actually just a small speaker centered on the back of the phone, they let the brass grill go all the way across for aesthetics. If you look closely (with a magnifying glass perhaps) you can see under the grill that there is only a small hole in the back of your phone for the speaker. This location is exactly in line with the hole in our MIKRADLE.

Flomaster: Good guess. But incorrect. The polarity of the magnet induces one mode or the other. Which is why we have to test each magnet before it gets glued into the bored recess on our MIKRADLE. You need to flip the magnet one way or the other to determine if the correct polarity for Multimedia Mode is facing the back of the Droid. We don't want you to receive your MIKRADLE and have it set to Car Mode! ;) Yikes! cuskit

Flapjacks

Reaction score
Very nice design, does it have magnets to start dock mode or do you need a second app to open dock mode?

Edit: Nevermind looked at the ebay, very great product you have here!

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Very nice design, does it have magnets to start dock mode or do you need a second app to open dock mode?
Yes - it DOES come with a heavy duty magnet installed. If you look closely at the photo, you can see the magnet on the left side of the back of the MIKRADLE. Just place your Dorid on the MIKRADLE and automatically, like magic - your Multimedia Mode appears on the screen! Remove the phone and it reverts back to your normal screen. We use heavy duty magnets so that even the thickest of covers on your Droid will not interfere with the performance of the Multimedia Mode.

The coinciding hole on the right is the speaker hole we spoke of in the posts just before this one.

You can read all about the MIKRADLE here: http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOROLA-DROID-...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item20af2a850d

Thank you for the compliment! cuskit

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Design Improvement

OK. I've had the MiKradle for a couple of weeks and have already posted my delight with a great product. On the other hand, there has to be some way to improve it. I was stumped. It works flawlessly.

Then I saw this photo on another thread devoted to Lego-based homemade cradles and the light bulb went off...Of course! Wheels.

Get to work, Mike.

Attachments

• Docked1.jpg
    Docked1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 197
OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
OK. I've had the MIKRADLE for a couple of weeks and have already posted my delight with a great product. On the other hand, there has to be some way to improve it. I was stumped. It works flawlessly.

Then I saw this photo on another thread devoted to Lego-based homemade cradles and the light bulb went off...Of course! Wheels.

Get to work, Mike.
Hey! We gave you BLACK! Now you want a mobile too? ;)

Okay - I'll see what I can come up with. NOT! No wheels! You have a nice sense of humor! But the kids see wheels and you know you've lost your MIKRADLE! mike

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Wow! I knew you guys wanted MIKRADLES in BLACK, but did not expect THIS heavy of activity! Looks like we are going to be working through the weekend to get all these out by Monday! Thanks a lot for such overwhelming response! cuskit

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mike the black dock looks KILLER.... if I find some extra coin I'll be picking up one of the MIKRADLE for sure

-=Jason=-
Please wait
Image not available

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Mike the black dock looks KILLER.... if I find some extra coin I'll be picking up one of the MIKRADLES for sure

-=Jason=-
Please wait
Image not available
Jason,

I'll look forward to that order! :) Meanwhile - how about a small teaser. These two photos were taken with a Motorola Gel Cover on the phone. The cable is the stock cable that comes with the Droid. At home and office I also use extra cables purchased at monoprice.com. Great price and high quality (kinda like MIKRADLE)! ;) Yea - I'll be smug - I've got several of these sitting in just about every room in the house (bathroom also)! Along with three at my shop - one in the office and two out on each level of my shop (we have an upper mezzanine level). I'll take pixs of my office MIKRADLE and post, it's so cool. I made one for myself out of Corian (countertop solid surface material). Too much work to make and sell - they'd have to be priced over a C-note to cover the cost of labor. But really striking! cuskit

Attachments

• BlackFace.jpg
    BlackFace.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 208
  • BlackSide.jpg
    BlackSide.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 207

HeroNova

Reaction score
I just want to share my love for the MIKRADLE. I have it in Cherry and it's great.

From one craftsman to another, the workmanship is incredible and it matches my furniture perfectly.

Well built and sturdy. No plastic parts here.

More elegant looking and aesthetically pleasing to the eye in my opinion than the OEM dock.

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. Thought about doing a review for it and posting it but I haven't found the time :)

Awesome work cuskit.