MULTIMEDIA DOCK - MIKRADLE - For use WITH covers and jackets!

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
I just want to share my love for the MIKRADLE. I have it in Cherry and it's great.

From one craftsman to another, the workmanship is incredible and it matches my furniture perfectly.

Well built and sturdy. No plastic parts here.

More elegant looking and aesthetically pleasing to the eye in my opinion than the OEM dock.

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. Thought about doing a review for it and posting it but I haven't found the time :)

Awesome work cuskit.
Wow! Actually - that's a review right there! :)
Thanks a lot for the compliments! We appreciate this type of feedback (naturally) as a lot of hand work goes into each and every MIKRADLE. Recognition of this effort is always rewarding!

The BLACK models will be shipping out Monday, Feb 1, and THAT is a feat! We've had a much larger response to this color than I could ever have anticipated. In retrospect - we should have released this model on Black Friday! ;)

Our goal is to have a MIKRADLE in every Droid owners home! Hmmm. That might be a little too optimistic? ;) Getting there.... cuskit :)

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Mike...just ordered the black on ebay. Thanks for adding that color to your line up.
Bluestraveler,

Happy to oblige you! I would never have guessed that black would be such a popular color. I've done so well with the woodgrains - I was assuming most would want something to blend in with their furniture (desk, night table, coffee table, etc.) They are still selling hot (seems mahogany is the best seller now in wood grain), but the orders for black are quite brisk! Took me by surprise for sure!

Hmm, wonder how a yellow poke a dot MIKRADLE would sell? :) :) :)

Thanks for the purchase! It will ship out late Monday - you already have my response to the sale reflecting that. cuskit

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Looking for "theecigarman"!

The very first MIKRADLE I sold went to a "bigcigarman" out on the West Coast. Are you still active here? I was just wondering if the two are one and the same. If so - please PM me. As a token gesture of appreciation for being the FIRST EVER BUYER OF MIKRADLE, I'd be like to send you a FREE MIKRADLE, color of your choice (including the new BLACK model) if you are interested in owning a second one! You started the ball rolling here on these forums, and I wanted to show my appreciation for you doing so, as well as being the first person to take a chance on a "new" product without proven performance or any kind of track record. Gratitude should be shown for this, which is why I'm extending this gesture to you!

Myself - I've got them plastered in every room of my house (yea - even one in our master bath, made out of Corian), and another 1/2 dozen scattered around my shop. Including the very first "experimental" oak model that I used to fine tune the final shipped models. ;) ;)

I can say one thing - MIKRADLE sales have led to me to communicating with many new faces - and lots of friendships are being born as a result. Because I build each and every unit by hand myself - I put a lot of my own character and self pride into each one. Those attributes are being recognized by those purchasing and being relayed back in the form of flattering compliments and praise. I made a commitment when first starting this endeavor to not just produce a plain old wooden platform and throw a coat of varnish on them. Instead, I put in lots of time shaping, molding and sanding them, followed by seven coats of lacquer hand rubbed to create the ultimate finish. I've always taken a lot of pride in my work and wanted to ensure each and every one of these reflect the same workmanship and dedication I put into the full size cabinetry I work on every day.

This fortitude comes back to me with each email I receive once a buyer receives their MIKRADLE and recognizes the fact that it's more than just an object. They are truly crafted pieces of art. And I get a ton of satisfaction hearing the ensuing words of gratitude and pleasure, and find it remarkable how hands are reaching across this country (as well as abroad) in offerings of friendship. And count my blessings as I realize how just a few simple pieces of wood assembled together can impart the magnetic appeal and kinship born out of each and every sale.

When our website has it's debut (hopefully within 2 weeks) I'll maybe have a uTube video showing the actual process building these, including many photos of the birth of the MIKRADLE. Our banners here should also be up and running in a week or so. Geez! So much to do and so little time! :) cuskit

theecigarman

Reaction score
MIKRADLE Rocks!!!

cuskit!!!
I am theecigarman and bigcigarman! I gotta say I love MIKRADLE. My droid gets placed in it everytime I come home. The cradle is fantastic and matches my humidor. (Cherry Stain also.)

I can say that the craftsmanship matches really well with my humidors also. My cherry wood humidor was made for me by a friend who is a "master" craftsman and likes the way the MIKRADLE is built as well. (Don't worry, he is only making things as hobbies. He will not be causing any competition.)

Folks, if you like your MIKRADLE, let cuskit know! You can tell the pride he takes with his work. The craftmanship is fantastic and his communication is very professional. He was very forth right and open with his schedule. I will be taking cuskit up on his offer in the future. Cuskit, thank you for your kind gesture. It's nice to be recognized for taking a "leap of faith", but honestly your product is very nice. Thanks again.

Looking for "theecigarman"!

The very first MIKRADLE I sold went to a "bigcigarman" out on the West Coast. Are you still active here? I was just wondering if the two are one and the same. If so - please PM me. As a token gesture of appreciation for being the FIRST EVER BUYER OF MIKRADLE, I'd be like to send you a FREE MIKRADLE, color of your choice (including the new BLACK model) if you are interested in owning a second one! You started the ball rolling here on these forums, and I wanted to show my appreciation for you doing so, as well as being the first person to take a chance on a "new" product without proven performance or any kind of track record. Gratitude should be shown for this, which is why I'm extending this gesture to you!

Myself - I've got them plastered in every room of my house (yea - even one in our master bath, made out of Corian), and another 1/2 dozen scattered around my shop. Including the very first "experimental" oak model that I used to fine tune the final shipped models. ;) ;)

I can say one thing - MIKRADLE sales have led to me to communicating with many new faces - and lots of friendships are being born as a result. Because I build each and every unit by hand myself - I put a lot of my own character and self pride into each one. Those attributes are being recognized by those purchasing and being relayed back in the form of flattering compliments and praise. I made a commitment when first starting this endeavor to not just produce a plain old wooden platform and throw a coat of varnish on them. Instead, I put in lots of time shaping, molding and sanding them, followed by seven coats of lacquer hand rubbed to create the ultimate finish. I've always taken a lot of pride in my work and wanted to ensure each and every one of these reflect the same workmanship and dedication I put into the full size cabinetry I work on every day.

This fortitude comes back to me with each email I receive once a buyer receives their MIKRADLE and recognizes the fact that it's more than just an object. They are truly crafted pieces of art. And I get a ton of satisfaction hearing the ensuing words of gratitude and pleasure, and find it remarkable how hands are reaching across this country (as well as abroad) in offerings of friendship. And count my blessings as I realize how just a few simple pieces of wood assembled together can impart the magnetic appeal and kinship born out of each and every sale.

When our website has it's debut (hopefully within 2 weeks) I'll maybe have a uTube video showing the actual process building these, including many photos of the birth of the MIKRADLE. Our banners here should also be up and running in a week or so. Geez! So much to do and so little time! :) cuskit

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can appreciate someone making and selling this but why are the mods allowing the constant spam?

theecigarman

Reaction score
Spam?

I can appreciate someone making and selling this but why are the mods allowing the constant spam?
SSHGuru,
How is this spam? I and others are expressing how we feel about a product. If a person appreciates or likes something, then they tell 10 friends and so on. This particular thread is expressly for the MIKRADLE that was created for users of a specific device in mind. If it weren't for this thread or even this forum, most products made for the droid wouldn't even be realized and we would all be buying our accessories from verizon. I believe the concept of a forum and a thread in particular are what has caused us a group to enjoy something that we other wise would have to learn about through commercial media.

I am not trying to flame or turn over an apple cart, but really? Spam? Mostly the cuskit has kept his posts to this thread. Just relax and enjoy the fact that we have the ability to post and discuss freely. I do most of the time....... :icon_eek:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
He's posting constantly and posting customer reviews and thanks. This forum is NOT for that it's for information.

It's shameless promotion.

I have no problem with him selling a ton, in fact I suggested he use ToldYa! - Social Selling to sell them since it's a way cheaper way of doing it.

But I don't want to log into this great place and see promotion constantly.

W

WERA689

Cuskit is a supporting vendor of Droid Forums, and as such, enjoys a certain amount of freedom to promote his products...as do Seidio and Companion Link Software. I'm sure others will follow in time. Their association with us should be mutually beneficial, and this is one of the ways to make that happen.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cuskit is a supporting vendor of Droid Forums, and as such, enjoys a certain amount of freedom to promote his products...as do Seidio and Companion Link Software. I'm sure others will follow in time. Their association with us should be mutually beneficial, and this is one of the ways to make that happen.

And frankly, I appreciate it. As long as the forum doesn't censor negative comments about products or references to competing products, I find it helpful to see a vendor respond directly to customer comments and promote their products here.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
MIKRADLE Super Bowl XLlV Special - FREE SHIPPING!

MIKRADLE
SUPER BOWL XLlV SPECIAL
FREE SHIPPING!*

All MIKRADLES ordered between 12:00pm Friday and before the official end of game time for this Sunday's playing of Super Bowl XLlV, Feb 7 in Miami between the Saints and Colts qualify for FREE SHIPPING!*

Sold on eBay (see all items for assorted color choice):
MOTOROLA DROID MULTIMEDIA DOCK MIKRADLE (WALNUT) NEW! - eBay (item 140376129745 end time Feb-19-10 07:10:06 PST)

Orders placed prior to this special do not qualify for a refund on shipping. Of course, all repeat orders ALWAYS receive FREE SHIPPING* as well as a $3.00 discount on subsequent orders!
*Free shipping for 48 Continental sales only. International sales must pay actual shipping fees.

GroupCircle.jpgMahoganySide.jpgCherryFace.jpgWalnutSide.jpgGroupLineup.jpg

Thanks to all here on these droidforums.net for their support and patronage of MIKRADLE! As a big NFL fan - I'm happy to offer this special, prompted in large part to the wonderful response from all the members here! As a Supporting Vendor of this site, I look forward every day to stopping in here to catch up on all the exciting and knowledgeable posts daily - which is no small task given the popularity of this board! Be sure to give thanks to our Administrators and all the Moderators for their outstanding dedication and efforts keeping this the awesome site it has evolved into! cuskit :)

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I really like the looks of this Cuskit, and with all the good reviews I think I may just end up ordering one before I even get my droid... now to convince the wife it is a good idea

Mayhew

Reaction score
Just Ordered One

Can't wait for it to come in. Tired of exiting Dockrunner. This looks great. I will post a review.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a free Mikradle. I mean I don't mind paying a few dollars for it, but a few dollars here and few dollars there and it can run into real money. :icon_ banana:

(Hopefully Mike will see the humor in this post.)

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a free MIKRADLE. I mean I don't mind paying a few dollars for it, but a few dollars here and few dollars there and it can run into real money. :icon_ banana:

(Hopefully Mike will see the humor in this post.)
LOL! Yea I do! My own words coming back to haunt me! :rofl3: mikey