Motorola's Latest Rumored Droid Devices to Include Snapdragon 808 and 810

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 27, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

If this latest "rumint" is to be believed, it looks like Motorola isn't too scared of the overheating reputation of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810. We have rumors of the latest Motorola smartphones coming later this year, and one of them includes the disfavored chipset. The device holds the model number XT1585, and is supposedly headed to Verizon. It has the internal codename Kinzie, and is said to have a QHD resolution display with 640 DPI.

The rumor suggests there will also be a second (and third) Motorola device which uses the smaller Snapdragon 808 chipset. Both are effectively the same device, but the third has a different model name, and is headed to Verizon. They are the XT1578 and XT1097 respectively, and are both codenamed “Clark.” These devices will also have a QHD resolution (but with a slightly lower DPI of 560, suggesting a smaller display size).

That's about all that could be gleaned from this latest Moto leak. If true, it looks like we have a couple of new Droids coming to Big Red this year!

Source: Reddit

2. civiksi

civiksi New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    And with any luck you will get Android M Christmas of 2016!

3. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +618
    Excellent! Between these and the new Moto X there will be some solid Moto options for smartphone users to choose from! I am still on my OG Moto X (2013) and it is still a performant, reliable little phone!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amagine

Amagine Active Member

Ratings:
    +90
    Great! Hopefully they come with expandable storage as well! Maybe unlocked? Loved the Moto Hardware and design with my OG Droid X and Razr

5. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,829
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Should probably stop even suggesting anything unlocked from moto unless it's a nexus of course.

6. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Active Member

Ratings:
    +135
    The only 'droid' phone is the orginal OG. Vzw overdid the whole 'droid' campaign, its a pain to see it now. Walk in a Vzw store and 1/2 of the phones are 'droid' old ones at that smh. Just get new phones and keep them software updated. Tis simple...

7. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    There have been several "unlocked" or "Developer Edition" phones offered up, most recently, including the Droid MAXX (XT1080M),

[​IMG]
    and the earlier Moto X (XT1060 - 1st Generation).

[​IMG]

We don't have a Droid TURBO in Developer Edition (yet), and there is still no announcement of one, but don't completely discount the possibility.

#7 FoxKat, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  8. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,117
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Agreed! I like the rumors about the new Droid (yes, they are still Droids) and the new Moto X. Sounds like some interesting news phones to look forward to later this year. Also agree that the Moto X 2013 is still an awesome phone, absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I laugh when I read articles that say "the new XYZ is by far the best phone of 2015, hands down" and we are only in May and there are so many more new phones to come out later this year.

9. SpeJ3435

SpeJ3435 Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Current Phone Model:
    64GB White Nexus 6
    I love my Droid Maxx Developer Edition. I really have lost almost all of my interest in other phones because it is near perfection. I wish it was a little smaller with on screen keys like the 2013 moto x. I plan on keeping it until it dies as I do not see anyone releasing a 2013 moto x sized device with a maxx style battery and in a developer edition.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    This is a gamble that moto has taken before.. The og razr maxx with the s4 processor... It got hot.. But most chips in that Era did. I have some of them still and they all suffer from battery swell.. I suppose I should look into changing them out or having moto do it.. But other than that, they still work well for their limited abilities compared to devices like the turbo or any other newer device..

So i guess that's my only real concern... If they stick with a laminated style building process and sealed batteries... If the chip does get hot(thinking of WiFi hotspot and charging at the same time) then it could lead to swelling issues and devices are getting even thinner now ..

11. Amagine

Amagine Active Member

Ratings:
    +90
  12. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +916
    Interestingly enough, I don't know if you caught the blurb about Google releasing some sort of microsd encryption card. Supposed to be a wholly contained OS with state-of-the-art encryption....yet somehow the 64gb card only has 4 gigs of storage? Almost like Google sat around and said "we've largely failed to kill the SD card, what else can we do to make that happen?"....

Makes for an interesting discussion about the future of sd slots...and if this encrypto would take up your slot, could Android support 2 sd slots?