Latest Nexus 5 2015 Rumor Claims Snapdragon 620 Instead of 808

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-Lollipop-Nexus-5.jpg

Well, the rumors for the next generation Nexus 5 keep getting worse. Luckily, we aren't putting too much stock in this one. According to some intel over at kitguru.net, the 2015 version of the LG-Made Nexus 5 will not come with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 808. Their sources claim it will have a Snapdragon 620.

To be clear though, our previous rumors include leaked benchmark numbers for an LG device that is using a Snapdragon 808. It is highly likely this device is the Nexus 5 2015. That's why we are highly skeptical of this latest intel. Still, if the rumor is true, it would not be too terrible. Even though the CPU itself is downgraded with a slower clock rate, it still supports the next-gen Adreno GPU, and is a 64-bit architecture.

As a bonus, this rumor also indicated the the new Nexus 5 will include USB Type-C, so we are hoping that part of the rumor is at least true. Here is the full Nexus 5 2015 spec-list from this rumor:
  • 5.2-inch 1080p display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 620
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 13 megapixel rear-facing camera
  • USB Type-C
  • 3,180mAh battery
For now, take this with a salt cube or two. We will keep you updated.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Would bode well for price, but I'm not buying this rumor. Sure, they don't always use the top of the line, newest components in a Nexus device, but I feel like this one's a stretch even knowing that. The rest of the specs look nice though.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would bode well for price, but I'm not buying this rumor. Sure, they don't always use the top of the line, newest components in a Nexus device, but I feel like this one's a stretch even knowing that. The rest of the specs look nice though.
Yeah... especially considering the previous gen Nexus 5 has the Snapdragon 800 in it. That much of a downgrade seems unlikely...

Chidoro42

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Razr Maxx HD
You should heck into the performance of the 620. Sounds a lot better than you may think it is

Kyleruggles

Reaction score
Website
www.kyleruggles.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 5
Twitter
kyleruggles
Got a question! if the Nexus 5 2015 by LG has usb-c and the Snapdragon 620, will it be using usb 2.0? since the 620 doesn't support usb 3.0

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Trying to keep up with the Nexus models/numbers is making my head hurt... Didn't they already do a 5 and a 6 and now are back to 5 again... I understand the 7 and 9 were tablets but shouldn't at least 1 of all the brilliant minds at Google have seen the flaw in what they were doing???