Latest Leaked Nexus 5X Pic Hits the Web; Shows Off Camera Bump from Side View

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It should be enough. M is running better on battery

NexusSix
Enough for what? 6 hours of usage, 12? That's like saying my new 2017 Unordered truck has a 15 gallon gas tank because "It might get 25MPG" opposed to my 36 gallon tank I currently have that can go almost 600 miles.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Isn't Marshmallow the one that has native fingerprint scanner support though? Would make no sense to put a scanner in last year's nexus when the OS version it launched with didn't support it. How would you sell more Nexus devices next year if all last year's needed was an update to the software to enable the scanner? ;)

My thinking is that Marshmallow has it embedded in it's code because the technology is better now. If Authentec was available back when the Nexus was being developed, it would have been included in the Android base OS. Remember, the Nexus 6 was competing at the time with the iPhone 6 Plus, so the technology would go hand in hand with Google's flagship. Apple made that impossible, which is why they are leading the industry.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My thinking is that Marshmallow has it embedded in it's code because the technology is better now. If Authentec was available back when the Nexus was being developed, it would have been included in the Android base OS. Remember, the Nexus 6 was competing at the time with the iPhone 6 Plus, so the technology would go hand in hand with Google's flagship. Apple made that impossible, which is why they are leading the industry.
I get what you're saying, but I think you're reaching there. Don't forget how many things have been available on oem-skinned android phones for years before Google adds them into Nexus devices. This is actually a quick turn-around of a feature imo.

Maybe I'm biased, but the more we find ourselves laughing at things that Apple is "borrowing" from android, I don't think Google is as worried about direct competition as your theory makes it seem. I think they're more concerned with coming up with their next big thing. I could be way off and I'm not saying there isn't some serious sense in what you're saying. I just don't see it that way.

On a slightly related side-note, force touch has been supported by android since at least around 2012. ;)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Enough for what? 6 hours of usage, 12? That's like saying my new 2017 Unordered truck has a 15 gallon gas tank because "It might get 25MPG" opposed to my 36 gallon tank I currently have that can go almost 600 miles.
Enough for most peeps to make it to the evening.. We can always use better battery life but that won't ever stop.. Quick Charge is key one small bump you good for more... I'd love a thicker phone but that's not the trend now...

NexusSix