Motorola Droid 'Quantum'

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm hoping the rumor that the first handset out of Lenorola is going to be knock-out with it's rumored next generation Kevlar material, and larger screen ratio (6.3") Beside the top notch hardware/build quality (Moto is notorious for this), I'm really hoping they bring some new software features to the handset that make it stand out from the crowded Android space. I'm hoping they bring the Droid brand back with a huge bang (pun intended)

What are you hoping to see with Motorola's newest Droid (if the rumor pans out)?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Lenorola? I like it haha. :D

6.3 screen is HUGE

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
A 6.3 screen is HUGE. Perhaps they should call it the Moto Slab.

I would expect to see a QHD screen, a Snapdragon 850 chip or their equivalents. 4K Camera/Video, a pen stylus and dust and waterproof would be awesome features.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And the all new motodefense app.. Meaning, it's so large.. If you need to, you can smack the heck out of someone...

Seriously though.. That's a LOT of real estate. I love Motorola, and I sincerely hope they do bring down the house with this.. I also hope it comes with a Bluetooth ear device.. Cause that's a big device to hold up to your head when you make a call.. :eek:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And the all new motodefense app.. Meaning, it's so large.. If you need to, you can smack the heck out of someone...

Seriously though.. That's a LOT of real estate. I love Motorola, and I sincerely hope they do bring down the house with this.. I also hope it comes with a Bluetooth ear device.. Cause that's a big device to hold up to your head when you make a call.. :eek:
Not next to your big head! . lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not next to your big head! . lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Hey!!! That's.. Well... Actually true.. Lol..

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Lenorola? I like it haha. :D

6.3 screen is HUGE
Yes it is :big smile: At 6.3" that's well into lunacy land for screen real estate on a SMARTPHONE

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would expect to see a QHD screen, a Snapdragon 850 chip or their equivalents. 4K Camera/Video, a pen stylus and dust and waterproof would be awesome features.
Very nice :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I however would like the ability to record 4k video and view it on the device, water proofing is a definite..And it'd need to be solid.. Because that a huge device. If you added an otterbox to it.. Wow..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thinking out loud.. But wouldn't it be cool of they made devices like this, able to print with the addition of a small attachment? I guess there probably one much of a market for that.

indee2025

Reaction score
Honestly,
I'm just wanting something that's on par with the impact the 2009 Motorola Droid had, the commercials, the marketing, the phone dropped from a stealth jet onto a farm...To me the best Droids were the Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid Bionic...some of those mentioned were plagued with bugs, etc which was unfortunate.
I'm definitely over this Droid Razr angled corners and false kevlar design. Those razr corners are freaking hideous. I was excited for the Droid Ultra until I saw it, FUGLY. Using a kevlar mix is fine and fits in the gimmick of being a tough DROID device but the design they print on the back that looks like woven ribbons eventually rubs off on the corners and looks ugly.
A solid mix of metal and glass with a thin coat of kevlar or rubber for grip, a metal backing that slides out to access an SD card slot and removable battery, an HDMI port, NFC, 2 GB RAM, a 4.3 inch display comparable to iphones retina display and it's gotta be black and gold baby! Loved that gold camera button and gold speaker cover on the OG droid.
With as much success as Motorola and Verizon had with the 2009 DROID I'm just baffled why they have strayed soooooo far off the beaten path.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A solid mix of metal and glass with a thin coat of kevlar or rubber for grip, a metal backing that slides out to access an SD card slot and removable battery, an HDMI port, NFC, 2 GB RAM, a 4.3 inch display comparable to iphones retina display and it's gotta be black and gold baby! Loved that gold camera button and gold speaker cover on the OG droid.
With as much success as Motorola and Verizon had with the 2009 DROID I'm just baffled why they have strayed soooooo far off the beaten path.

Probably not gonna happen...but I like your ideas. I would buy it.