Motorola Droid Bionic Release Date?

mynassda

Reaction score
March 12 at Costco!

Just called Wireless Advocates (1-888-369-5931) (Costco's partner) and asked for any 4G devices for Verizon that will be available in next few months. She looked up the system and couldn't find any 4G phones. But she did go down a list of soon-to-be-available phones and Bionic was on there. It will be available at Costco on May 12th!

mynassda

Reaction score
I don't think there is another Bioinc. The gal didn't know the tech thing and just read it from the list.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I don't think there is another Bioinc. The gal didn't know the tech thing and just read it from the list.

I have heard April from the Black Man X, from my former Vanpool guy who works Verizon Cooperate office, and and from a Verizon Rep at the Verizon Kiosk in the Mall. I have not been to my Regular Verizon store yet. So I am hoping for April. But it was said that it will be 2nd Q. So it can com out anytime between April and June..

Java

Reaction score
Sticking to WiFi hotspots could work, would just have to make sure I'm not streaming any 3G data so my bill doesn't become more than the net worth of China

USA GDP $14.256 trillion , People's Republic of China GDP $10.084 trillion . Not so far behind , are they ?

Surprised they're not ahead with that many people...

But anyways... if I were to get my phone down in Mexico (La Paz) there is plenty of WiFi, but is there any way to do calling for free through Wifi? Skype isn't supported through 3G either, I don't believe.
I'd ask a Verizon rep what to do (assuming Bionic comes out in April), but I know they'd feed me a bunch of bullcrap trying to get me to pay an arm and a leg.
Kind of off topic, but:
1) Do you pay extra to use WiFi internationally? (If it's free, can you block 3G data so I don't pay the ridiculous international fee?)
2)Do you have to pay the $75-$100 international data per month?
3) Can you use Skype or any other video stuff with WiFi using the front facing cameras? I know the iPhone can...
4) If I'd only use the phone when I'm in WiFi areas for texting, calling, surfing the web, watching movies, etc online, (assuming I don't have to use the ridiculous $100 international fee for only 75 mb of data) would it be worth it to get the phone and use it down there, or go phoneless and buy a camera and just use my computer for everything else? (Kind of depends on the person I guess, but someone who has experience with this kind of stuff would know better than myself)

Thanks!

But back on topic, I'm really pulling for an April release date. I'm assuming it'll be about Passover time, BMX was right on with the Blunderbolt...

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
Sticking to WiFi hotspots could work, would just have to make sure I'm not streaming any 3G data so my bill doesn't become more than the net worth of China

USA GDP $14.256 trillion , People's Republic of China GDP $10.084 trillion . Not so far behind , are they ?

But what is their per capita? I'll bet ours is MUCH higher.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I'm banking on a Mid-Late April release (Passover). I will be going down to La Paz, Mexico on May 1st and having an HD camera and video recorder would be awesome, especially with possible video chat capabilities.

Here's wishing you a Happy Passover!

Java

Reaction score
I'm banking on a Mid-Late April release (Passover). I will be going down to La Paz, Mexico on May 1st and having an HD camera and video recorder would be awesome, especially with possible video chat capabilities.

Haha thanks :)
I could use it! My LG Dare that used to get 2-3 weeks of battery life is only getting about 2 hours of battery life with minimal use... it's pretty much a corded phone now! (Also why I completely passed up the HTC TB, I don't want serious battery life issues)

trailblazen

Reaction score

I could use it! My LG Dare that used to get 2-3 weeks of battery life is only getting about 2 hours of battery life with minimal use... it's pretty much a corded phone now! (Also why I completely passed up the HTC TB, I don't want serious battery life issues)
Not to mention for the TB you would have to buy a aftermarket battery(for a brand new phone out of the box mind you) just for it to come close to the out of the box battery Bionic will have at 1930mAh dancedroid

Java

Reaction score

Not to mention for the TB you would have to buy a aftermarket battery(for a brand new phone out of the box mind you) just for it to come close to the out of the box battery Bionic will have at 1930mAh dancedroid
Doesn't promise it'll have better battery life, just more gas in the tank! But here's to hoping that Moto realizes people are looking for good battery life too, not just performance. It's not a mobile phone if it has to be tethered to a wall all day.

The good thing is dual core (if optimized) should actually increase battery life, and moto is usually pretty good with batteries, unlike HTC

Parafly9

Reaction score
Doesn't promise it'll have better battery life, just more gas in the tank! But here's to hoping that Moto realizes people are looking for good battery life too, not just performance. It's not a mobile phone if it has to be tethered to a wall all day.

The good thing is dual core (if optimized) should actually increase battery life, and moto is usually pretty good with batteries, unlike HTC

Not for nothing buy my tb beats the snot out of my og Droid for battery

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

nwasquad

Reaction score
Dunno how much faith to put into this, get the feeling someone was trying to be the cool kid in the store and make a sale:

Droid Bionic Release now Mid-April [Says Verizon] | Android Community

This is old news/was posted already....also, realize that it was a VZ store employee that allegedly told them the release date....typically store employees are the LAST people to know about actual releases, dates, updates, etc

I would actually put more faith in BMX's poem (considering he correctly identified the TB release date as St Patricks day) and an earlier post he made about DB being released around Passover

trailblazen

Reaction score
Dunno how much faith to put into this, get the feeling someone was trying to be the cool kid in the store and make a sale:

Droid Bionic Release now Mid-April [Says Verizon] | Android Community

This is old news/was posted already....also, realize that it was a VZ store employee that allegedly told them the release date....typically store employees are the LAST people to know about actual releases, dates, updates, etc

I would actually put more faith in BMX's poem (considering he correctly identified the TB release date as St Patricks day) and an earlier post he made about DB being released around Passover
Yeah thats why I said I am not sure to put any faith in it. Stumbled on it and didn't remember that it was already posted.