Motorola Droid Bionic Release Date?

Reaction score
Lol I don't think apple is so important to them that they will work their releases AROUND them hahaha Steve jobs wishes........... that's probably apple fanboys with that Steve jobs cult mentality WISHING that there aren't several phones out that will put the current iproduct to shame.... next time tell them to give it up, they aren't fooling anyone ;)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MarkO

Reaction score
I was told today by a verizon employee that moto is holding out on the bionic and verizon altogether because verizon decided that it wanted to sign a contract with apple, it's biggest competition to the droid. Maybe I'm crazy, but it makes sense. Moto gave them the zoom and it has flopped since the third party versions with wifi are about to come out. Who knows? We'll see.

Motorola does not have the clout to strongarm a carrier liek Verizon. A move like that would be financial suicide to such a fragile corporation.

Droid101

Reaction score
I was told today by a verizon employee that moto is holding out on the bionic and verizon altogether because verizon decided that it wanted to sign a contract with apple, it's biggest competition to the droid. Maybe I'm crazy, but it makes sense. Moto gave them the zoom and it has flopped since the third party versions with wifi are about to come out. Who knows? We'll see.

Motorola does not have the clout to strongarm a carrier liek Verizon. A move like that would be financial suicide to such a fragile corporation.

I agree Verizon is more than likely the most powerful wireless carrier out there motorola is still trying to win back where they were 10 years ago.

Arpil 21 is the Rumored date for a release by the way. Hope it holds up!!:)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

I agree Verizon is more than likely the most powerful wireless carrier out there motorola is still trying to win back where they were 10 years ago.

God I hope and pray(not 2 zeus)this phone is 149.00 and ships with 2.4!!!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

God I hope and pray(not 2 zeus)this phone is 149.00 and ships with 2.4!!!

I doubt that your prayers will be answered lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EdForsythe

Reaction score
I pray to Zeus that it gets released in April. I mean they already released the Atrix which is essentially the same phone minus a few specs. I just want that Tegra-2 and LTE so baddd.
I sincerely hope it's not like the Atrix which is, IMHO, a flop. April would be too soon for a Bionic release. Too much early competition for the TB. I'm guessing it will be mid May at the earliest. Remember you heard it here.:D

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I pray to Zeus that it gets released in April. I mean they already released the Atrix which is essentially the same phone minus a few specs. I just want that Tegra-2 and LTE so baddd.
I sincerely hope it's not like the Atrix which is, IMHO, a flop. April would be too soon for a Bionic release. Too much early competition for the TB. I'm guessing it will be mid May at the earliest. Remember you heard it here.:D

Why is the Atrix a flop? The Droid Charge is being released April 7th so I don't think they're too worried about the phones competing. They have so many phones to release that they probably are going to have to start dropping them more quickly. You could be right about it being May but I'm pretty sure the reason won't be competition. The Thunderbolt isn't even Droid branded so I don't think Verizon cares about it too much.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Where did you hear that The Atrix was a Flop.. The Atrix has done pretty well for AT&T. There is a waiting list for it here at my local AT&T.

wardo

Reaction score
Does everyone else feel like your going to end up saying damn I wish I waited for that phone.

I know I am since I only got the incredible about 6 months ago.

smokiedabong

Reaction score

You do realize the galaxy s phones are still on 2.1, right?

Why there's so much fuss about Galaxy not getting updates ? There's not much of a difference between updates anyway . And if you don't like it , connect the phone to PC > root > flash Froyo . If you can't follow this easy steps maybe a smartphone isn't for you .

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

You do realize the galaxy s phones are still on 2.1, right?

Why there's so much fuss about Galaxy not getting updates ? There's not much of a difference between updates anyway . And if you don't like it , connect the phone to PC > root > flash Froyo . If you can't follow this easy steps maybe a smartphone isn't for you .

Actually Froyo added a lot of things. Look at how many apps are 2.2+ only.