Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregsjh13

Reaction score
Is it really that serious? All you people are acting like whining babies over this kinda small update.I mean this thread is HUGE.I told you people what i was told alright.You people need to calm down and get on with your lives.Getting mad over this update...i have never in my life seen childish mess like this.I mean for god sake you have people in Haiti with no food or water AND YOUR CRYING FOR AN UPDATE.People if you really truly want this update ROOT YOUR PHONE.But dont INTERROGATE me because of my sources

I gave you what i knew and that is all.Like i said the update will be out with 3 to 4 weeks and this is final.So suck it up and go do something else.I guarantee you most of these people will be unpleased with this update once it is rolled out.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You know greg, nobody makes you read their unhappiness. Why do you care? You cannot tell me you don't, because you actually cared enough to post about it.

I did giggle at the reps info. VZW reps are only less clueless than apes in the zoo.

gregsjh13

Reaction score
You know greg, nobody makes you read their unhappiness. Why do you care? You cannot tell me you don't, because you actually cared enough to post about it.

I did giggle at the reps info. VZW reps are only less clueless than apes in the zoo.

I don't need the 2.1 update.I have already rooted and installed a custom rom with 950 MHZ.I really dont need this update because i have muti touch and all the other goodies including the gallery and the launcher.I commented for YOU guys.

MrKleen

Reaction score
We should get it before the Milestone which is getting it sometime before the end of the first quarter (march). Since Moto said we will get it soon, I would have to agree with Greg that we should get it sooner than Milestone.... When exactly that is could be anywhere from tonight to.... "soon"... :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, no disrespect but Reps are not creditable sources. I can tell you many stories of what reps have said or done. I actually started a thread in Crackberry a while ago and they know less than us. Not all of them, I say this with no disrespect, but a Rep is not a Creditable source...
People over here don't seem to have gotten that. If they made a post like that at CB they would get flamed. I don't want this to be a forum like that, but reps are definitely not reliable sources of information when it comes to OS upgrade release dates.

gregsjh13

Reaction score
We should get it before the Milestone which is getting it sometime before the end of the first quarter (march). Since Moto said we will get it soon, I would have to agree with Greg that we should get it sooner than Milestone.... When exactly that is could be anywhere from tonight to.... "soon"... :)

I agree.Thanks for the backup.:icon_ banana:

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Motorola said that the update is rolling out "soon"...

There are varying definitions of what "soon" means.

Whatever. The update is coming... I talked to a Verizon rep last night (two of them, actually) and they both said the same thing "soon"....Whatever.

I cannot believe what goes on about this update... One one hand, you have the members who want it "now", and on the other, you have those who have rooted their phones (not for me, btw) and are wondering what all of the hype is about. If you rooted your phone and you are running BB, at overclocked to 950, and yadda, yadda, yadda... Good for you.. I am glad you are enjoying the phone.

If you are unrooted, and waiting for 2.1 and are on pins and needles about it, and keep watching your phone, willing for the update to come...Well, at least you are occupied... Almost 200 pages here, devoted to snarky comments, insults, supposition, rumor, and innuendo......

I'll wait for 2.1, I am sure it will arrive soon enough, and we can all get back to normal, or what passes for normal behavior

Cnote187

Reaction score
I gave you what i knew and that is all.Like i said the update will be out with 3 to 4 weeks and this is final.So suck it up and go do something else.I guarantee you most of these people will be unpleased with this update once it is rolled out.

Thats the problem you havent given us anything you "know" You gave us information which you "Believe" the reps you spoke to , supposedly "know" , and then you added your own Guess. there is nothing final about it.

Nobody is comparing this droid situation to Hatti , what a reach by you. People are just annoyed by all the false dates that people throw out there. so you should understand the skeptical attitude towards your guessing

thathxckid

Reaction score
Why can't we all get along. 2.1 is coming isn't that all that matters. We are all droidaholics here I'm pretty sure we can agree on that(if your not why are you here). I just really really really want flash. Does anyone know if they might roll it out with 2.1 could that be the delay >< (if this has already been posted in the 197 pages don't chop my junk, because I'm lazy and didn't read all the pages)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Look everyone lets stop the bickering over this silly update.

All these dates being thrown around is just getting people worked up for nothing.

No one knows when it's going to be released but a select few people and none of them are on this thread.

So in the meantime just be patient and stop fighting. It's pointless.

Thanks guys

gregsjh13

Reaction score
Motorola said that the update is rolling out "soon"...

There are varying definitions of what "soon" means.

Whatever. The update is coming... I talked to a Verizon rep last night (two of them, actually) and they both said the same thing "soon"....Whatever.

I cannot believe what goes on about this update... One one hand, you have the members who want it "now", and on the other, you have those who have rooted their phones (not for me, btw) and are wondering what all of the hype is about. If you rooted your phone and you are running BB, at overclocked to 950, and yadda, yadda, yadda... Good for you.. I am glad you are enjoying the phone.

If you are unrooted, and waiting for 2.1 and are on pins and needles about it, and keep watching your phone, willing for the update to come...Well, at least you are occupied... Almost 200 pages here, devoted to snarky comments, insults, supposition, rumor, and innuendo......

I'll wait for 2.1, I am sure it will arrive soon enough, and we can all get back to normal, or what passes for normal behavior

But if you think about it this update is not that big.The update includes a new gallery,Muti touch,Music app and a bunch of bug fixes.But everyone is acting like its gonna change lives.I previously had the G1 and the big update everyone was complaining about was 1.5 which included video recording (which is big) an onscreen keyboard and also youtube downloader.Now that update was a big one because it brought phone's without keyboards access.

This lousy update isn't gonna do NOTHING of that size.This is just an enhancement update it isn't bring any new features.When this update is pushed EVERYONE IS GONNA BE COMPLAINING at how small the update is.We American's are never happy and will always be complaining.

FireDroid

Reaction score
They both gave us great phones and don't owe us jack...

They are being nice enough to provide us with an update "soon".

Thou they are in no means obligated to do so.

They didn't 'give' us anything, we paid for these phones. If anything the Droid for all intents and purpose saved Motorola as a company and put them back on the map. Given the open nature of the Android OS, they are obligated within reason to provide updates related to advancements and especially bug fixes.

By not retaining any kind of support they realize they would lose customer baseline to competitors, especially for future purchases.

You do realize that Moto doesnt just make cell phones right??

The few thousand people on the forums that are mad that will drop the Droid if they dont get 2.1 now WONT break the companies back!

Moto has several divisions in the communications market, I am a Firefighter and we as a department use Moto head units in all the rigs and all every firefighter carries a Motorola portable!!

How are they obligated to give us updates??? If you buy a 2010 mustsang 5.0 and in 2011 they add a supercharger, do you think Ford is obligated to update all past mustangs with a supercharger????

Grow up and stop being neive'!!!!

sessionthree

Reaction score
You do realize that Moto doesnt just make cell phones right??

The few thousand people on the forums that are mad that will drop the Droid if they dont get 2.1 now WONT break the companies back!

Not only that, but the cell phone part of their business is actually pretty minor compared to the rest of the company.

hacku

Reaction score
I have spoken to several Reps.Of which have said 2.1 is coming to the droid within 3 to 4 weeks.I have compiled information from various blogs and have concluded that the information 3 reps have given me were not false.:icon_ banana:

Code for "I am guessing, just like everyone else at this point." haha

That's exactly what I was thinking... lol

Nobody in here knows when it's coming, and the only way we're going to know for sure is when we Motorola makes an OFFICIAL announcement, or we start downloading it.

Anything else that is said in here is pure speculation unless you work for Motorola and have concrete proof...
:icon_ devil:

FireDroid

Reaction score
I have no loyalty to Motorola. If they **** me on this one, I just won't buy from them anymore. Brand loyalty is a dangerous thing, and a huge hindrance to technology. Be careful, and always be objective with your technology.

So in a sense, yes, they are obligated to.

Using things as "'multi-touch' and 'flash' capable" for marketing is pretty despicable if they don't make good on that. While I understand that is almost entirely Google/Adobe/3rd party, if the technology exists and the phone can handle it, then its ultimately Motorolas decision.

Grow up!! It has been 3 months!!! They have had 2 OTA updates and 2 OTA updates for maps all in 3 months!!! I dont know about you but to me that seems they are keeping up with the updates that you think they are "obligated" to do!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.