Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregsjh13

Reaction score
The 2.1 Update is expected in the next 3 weeks everyone.The update was delayed probably due to bug and i have heard reports of bricking phones.Be calm because MANY Android Devices are running 1.5 and 1.6 and at least we are running 2.0.Although Motorola has been very quiet with the delay of this update its coming.If you want a time frame of when your device will get 2.1 click on this link https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

If you truly want this update ROOT YOUR PHONE AND INSTALL HERE. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/10247-how-install-2-1-easy-way.html

As asked earlier, how did you get 3 weeks out of "soon?" Is there some info elsewhere?
I have already stated this.The 1st Quarter ends in about 3 to 4 weeks.If you look at the information site above,We get it 1st quarter.The Droid will be the first device to get 2.1 after it is released to us it will then trickle down to all the rest of the Android Devices.:)

bpad10

Reaction score
The 2.1 Update is expected in the next 3 weeks everyone.The update was delayed probably due to bug and i have heard reports of bricking phones.Be calm because MANY Android Devices are running 1.5 and 1.6 and at least we are running 2.0.Although Motorola has been very quiet with the delay of this update its coming.If you want a time frame of when your device will get 2.1 click on this link https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

If you truly want this update ROOT YOUR PHONE AND INSTALL HERE. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/10247-how-install-2-1-easy-way.html

As asked earlier, how did you get 3 weeks out of "soon?" Is there some info elsewhere?
I have already stated this.The 1st Quarter ends in about 3 to 4 weeks.If you look at the information site above,We get it 1st quarter.The Droid will be the first device to get 2.1 after it is released to us it will then trickle down to all the rest of the Android Devices.:)

thanks Greg....thought I read thru everything....must of missed it...i feel as though I've lived on this board for the past few weeks making sure I haven't missed anything....:icon_eek:

gregsjh13

Reaction score

thanks Greg....thought I read thru everything....must of missed it...i feel as though I've lived on this board for the past few weeks making sure I haven't missed anything....:icon_eek:
lol your not the only one.I have been on this forum almost EVERYDAY.

MrKleen

Reaction score

Just curious Greg, doesn't the "first quarter" end at the end of March? You keep emphasizing 3-4 weeks...

My math would make that 6 1/2 weeks away... :) Please explain in a little more detail if you feel that I am incorrect.

P.S. March has 31 days in it, and we are only 13 days into Feb.

Regardless 2.1 will be coming soon enough, and I agree that we should receive it before other devices. Peace!

Cnote187

Reaction score

Just curious Greg, doesn't the "first quarter" end at the end of March? You keep emphasizing 3-4 weeks...

My math would make that 6 1/2 weeks away... :) Please explain in a little more detail if you feel that I am incorrect.

That's what I was thinking, Greg do you have some kind of inside information or are you just going off the 1st quarter thing. because you are looking at a 6 week time frame if that is the case

gregsjh13

Reaction score

Regardless 2.1 will be coming soon enough, and I agree that we should receive it before other devices. Peace!
lol.I understand this.But if you consider us getting a false alarm last week.I and positive it will be out within the next 3 to 4 weeks.Like i said we will be the first to get the update out of all Android devices.

The DROID by Motorola over-the-air software upgrade is expected to roll out ''SOON''

MILESTONE (Europe) Upgrade to Android 2.1 planned for Q1 2010

I am expecting the Milestone to get the update at the end of the Quarter

I hope i kinda cleared it up for you.:)

Cnote187

Reaction score

lol.I understand this.But if you consider us getting a false alarm last week.I and positive it will be out within the next 3 to 4 weeks.Like i said we will be the first to get the update out of all Android devices.

The DROID by Motorola over-the-air software upgrade is expected to roll out ''SOON''

I think the question most of us are wondering Greg is why are you positive? do you have any concrete information. or is it just your hunch?

gregsjh13

Reaction score

I think the question most of us are wondering Greg is why are you positive? do you have any concrete information. or is it just your hunch?

I have spoken to several Reps.Of which have said 2.1 is coming to the droid within 3 to 4 weeks.I have compiled information from various blogs and have concluded that the information 3 reps have given me were not false.:icon_ banana:

anuraj1

Reaction score
I have spoken to several Reps.Of which have said 2.1 is coming to the droid within 3 to 4 weeks.I have compiled information from various blogs and have concluded that the information 3 reps have given me were not false.:icon_ banana:

Code for "I am guessing, just like everyone else at this point." haha

joeymoose

Reaction score
I'm sorry, no disrespect but Reps are not creditable sources. I can tell you many stories of what reps have said or done. I actually started a thread in Crackberry a while ago and they know less than us. Not all of them, I say this with no disrespect, but a Rep is not a Creditable source...

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score

That info doesn't make sense. No where have we seen any indication that reps know the time-frame of the update. All they know is soon. Reps might be interpreting that to be 3-4 weeks on their own, not official.

The only people that truly know are the people that are actually working on the update (and frankly, maybe even they don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.