How to get the better Nexus Clock App (for the dock)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
already have, but thanks for providing the link for others!

and yes it is much nicer than Droid clock

bump

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I re-downloaded it from there just to make sure it's the same and it is.

I also downloaded a caller id feature that says what city a call is coming from.

I highly recommend getting the HTC keyboard - it rocks.

myriad46

Reaction score
Does anyone's icons disappear using this clock when you remove the phone from the dock?

EDIT: a couple of reboots fixed the problem. Thanks very much for posting. This one is much better. However, I had a follow up concern...

The brightest part of the phone, in dim mode, is still the touch buttons. I was hoping this would have been fixed in 2.1. Has anyone conquered this little detail, without a custom ROM?

Last edited:

keithsmith22

Reaction score
How do you get it to go into the green colored mode? The night mode is still to bright for me.

myriad46

Reaction score
It seems to be automatic at some point. I go to sleep in the "night mode" and wake up, it's in the green, screensaver (clock moves around) mode. The brightness is all coming from the softkeys, not the clock.

Also, before it goes into the green clock mode, the wallpaper would effect the brightness.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you get it to go into the green colored mode? The night mode is still to bright for me.

There is a dimmer button up towards the top right of the screen, and if you long press on it, it will go directly into to sleep neon green mode.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Are we able to uninstall this if we want to go back to the stock droid clock?

HMJB

Reaction score
Does anyone's icons disappear using this clock when you remove the phone from the dock?

EDIT: a couple of reboots fixed the problem. Thanks very much for posting. This one is much better. However, I had a follow up concern...

The brightest part of the phone, in dim mode, is still the touch buttons. I was hoping this would have been fixed in 2.1. Has anyone conquered this little detail, without a custom ROM?

Download the LED hack app if you are rooted. Not sure if theres a nonroot app version

polack

Reaction score
I installed this and had to uninstall it.
1 if i touched the time in beautiful widgets it brought me to my original alarm clock settings. then when i clicked back it would go into the new alarm clock settings. so i had two alarms fighting eachother to go off
2 there was no way to delete the original droid clock from all my apps. i refuse to have two programs on my phone that do the exact same thing just look different
3 i thought there would be some kind of options for this thing. like the damn leds that are constantly on in dock mode.

If someone knows how to turn off the leds and remove the old clock without rooting i would redownload this in a heartbeat. until then, the clock ive got is good for what i need it for.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Latest update to beautiful widgets lets you set program to launch when you tap the clock.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I like this clock app much better too, but there's just one weird little thing... at night, the weather icon never changes to the moon... it is always the sun! Does that happen to everyone else too?

masterxchief

Reaction score
I like this clock app much better too, but there's just one weird little thing... at night, the weather icon never changes to the moon... it is always the sun! Does that happen to everyone else too?

Lol ya. Its the same weather thing as the news and weather widget which does the same exact thing. It bugs the hell out of me, but I like knowing the temperature so what can I do.

Phreaker47

Reaction score

Lol ya. Its the same weather thing as the news and weather widget which does the same exact thing. It bugs the hell out of me, but I like knowing the temperature so what can I do.

Yeah... but the original clock app showed the moon and also the phase it was in, clouds, etc... not a huge deal I guess... it does have the right temperature and of course the better dim modes and everything so... oh well.