How to get the better Nexus Clock App (for the dock)

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I wake up it doesnt show I have any mail using k-9. I don't know if this is a 2.1 problem or if it's a problem with the clock - powering off and on fixes it. And it doesnt happen every night.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I installed this and had to uninstall it.
1 if i touched the time in beautiful widgets it brought me to my original alarm clock settings. then when i clicked back it would go into the new alarm clock settings. so i had two alarms fighting eachother to go off
2 there was no way to delete the original droid clock from all my apps. i refuse to have two programs on my phone that do the exact same thing just look different
3 i thought there would be some kind of options for this thing. like the damn leds that are constantly on in dock mode.

If someone knows how to turn off the leds and remove the old clock without rooting i would redownload this in a heartbeat. until then, the clock ive got is good for what i need it for.
Edit: I know you said "without rooting", but you might want to look at the new method for adding root/superuser access to the official 2.1 update. I did it yesterday. It still takes a little work, but you don't have to completely downgrade/reflash your phone or decide on some alternate ROM to use. Compared to that this method is simpler... you don't have to reinstall anything and the only part of your phone you are flashing is to add SPRecovery.

I found a workaround to having the "duplicate alarm clock" issue. If you are rooted, you can use the same method to disable the default alarm clock that you use to disable other unwanted stock apps:

Open root explorer, go to /system/app, enable read/write, rename AlarmClock.apk to AlarmClock.apk.bak, reboot. I just did this last night because I noticed that the phone always tries to keep this app running, even if you don't have any of the alarms on it enabled. If you need it back, just rename back to the original filename again.

Oh and I installed Beautiful Widgets... and with my method used for disabling the default alarm clock altogether, all is well... clicking the clock on the home widget takes me to the updated alarm clock app. It's all good!

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score
Wow love this new docked clock. Thanks for the link.

brando56894

Reaction score
I was hoping for something different but thats the one ive been using all along! It will go from bright mode to screen saver in 5 minutes I actually wish it was longer since I like the "bright mode"

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I was hoping for something different but thats the one ive been using all along! It will go from bright mode to screen saver in 5 minutes I actually wish it was longer since I like the "bright mode"

Discovered a trick for that. Manually tap the brightness button twice to go from dim mode back to bright, then it will stay bright forever until you touch it again... or at least, much longer anyway. I haven't left it there for hours or anything.