Motorola Devour Video Review

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

darkjester73

Reaction score
Is it me or am i just ignorant about the fact the "new" phones are coming out with the 1.6 android os is just as backwards as the design of it?? I mean, umm does it not make more scents to up grade as you go ? for example the nexus comes out after droid and it has 2.1... (another sore spot considering i have a moto droid) and they take away the flash and the auto focus?? Umm wow. Maybe they are stuck in another dimension where time goes backwards. LOL next you know they will come out w/ a droid logo shaped can with a string attached to it and say this is the best yet, analog encrypted security with direct access to the receiver over a VoS system (voice over string) And does not even need a log in to access or an open access point. LOL :icon_eek:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hate the look. Hate the way the hardware is set up... the notification on the bottom instead of the normal 4 haptic keys? The battery door looks like a total design flaw to me - it will break. No flash fixed focus? The keyboard is not qwerty... the software is 1.6 and most people don't use all of the social networks anymore - just a few. It's like they went backwards a year or two and made a phone for then.

The choice between this and the Droid isn't even a choice. In fact I'd sooner buy an HTC or the Nexus.

MrTommy

Reaction score
...And, the black theme of the Droid is far more manly than this aluminum beer can look. And we all know "manly" is the name of the game. Uh, sorry girls... :heart:

nod2mybeats

Reaction score
I love technology and I'm not one to be intimidated by it, but this thing is just awful aesthetically in my opinion. It looks like a cyborg or printer in your pocket. It's bulky and juxtaposes aluminum, black rubber, and this sort of neon teal accent. I don't like it at all, by looks alone.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna hafta agree with KZIWarrior with this one, As much as I love my Droid this one just doesn't make any sense to me.

As a stock device sure I guess it would attract the social media crowd but I dunno. The screen is small making Blur look even more cluttered than it already is, and it's bigger and heavier than the droid? does that make any sense? Proportions are off, the thing is huge, from picks that I saw I thought it was going to be smaller than the droid.

The trackpad placement is ugly, the empty spot far left where the LED Notification light is, doesn't make sense. So much wasted space, they're designers need to be replaced or something.

They're trying too hard to make it "look" cool with such unnecessary embellishments/color combinations rather than making a device that makes sense.and is visually sound. However I do like the sturdiness of the slider build and the slot slide-in battery idea.

sportadic22

Reaction score
looks like a decent phone..... i much rather have the droid... for customization..and just because i feel the droid will stay on top with updates...in terms of the company.. and in Users.. for roms and stuff

NVash

Reaction score
And all of this matters not, I think were looking at Verizons version of the Sidekick. Took them long enough. Now if only theyd add in that fancy flip trick.

oshizo

Reaction score
well my gf will be getting one she is hard on phones and has just about destroyed her samsung rouge... she likes my droid and the functionality so i'll get her the devour so she can do the full surf and turf thing w/o hasseling me. besides its not that ugly.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Moto and VZW brought Android into the public eye with the Droid. It really got their attention. Now they need phones that are gonna bring more customers over to the Smart Phone side. The Devour fits perfectly for that. It may not be as intimidating to the average feature phone user. I mean seriously. Did you think they would bring out an equivalent or successor to the Droid only a few months after it's release??? IMO this will be a great seller and will be a gateway for more Android/Smart Phone converts.

deubster

Reaction score
At a trade show, I picked up a combination calculator/clock/calendar as a giveaway from some merchant's booth. Same styling, same buttons, same brushed aluminum look. When I see this phone, I'm reminded of that device.

RemyL75

Reaction score
Sending my Wife's phone back (enV Touch) and getting the Devour. I am jealous of the remote wipe/file transfer feature. Motorola should have put that in the Droid, but hopefully it's a software fix and not a hardware fix. The touchpad seemed nice in the reviews to me, I was wondering what that thing was when I first saw the phone lol.