Verizon Now Offering the Motorola Devour Free On Two-Year Contract

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mot-devour-free.jpg

It seems that the Motorola Devour is finally nearing end of life at Verizon. In an obvious move aimed at clearing its Devour inventory, Verizon is now offering the device free on a new two-year contract.

It is surely the beginning of the end for Motorola Devour, Verizon’s first Motoblur Android device that features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The Motorola Devour has been criticized for its rather clumsy design and less-than-ordinary Motoblur UI. To make things worse, Motorola made it clear that Devour is not a candidate for the coveted Froyo upgrade.

If you are a Motorola Devour fan, this is the perfect opportunity to grab one before Verizon bids adieu to this Android device. After all, free isn’t a bad price to pay for a smartphone with 3.1-inch screen, 600 MHz processor, slide out keyboard and 3 MP Camera.

Source: Verizon Giving Away the Motorola Devour Free with New 2-Year Contract | Android Phone Fans

faganm24

Reaction score
Warranty Replacement

My wife got one of these. She hasn't liked it much at all. It is slower, has a lower resolution, terrible voice quality, and overall less functionality than the Droid (or almost any other phones). Does anyone think that they might be offering a different phone for a warranty replacement after its EOL? If so could we possible get our hands on a droid? That would be awesome. I should have convinced her to get the droid to start with. Regret...

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to believe Motorola ran a commercial for this phone during the Super Bowl last year..

[video=youtube;9D2VLmCPTbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2VLmCPTbQ]YouTube - Motorola - Megan Fox - Super Bowl Ad 2010 [HD][/video]

TheOldFart

Reaction score
my wife had this phone I got it replaced for her with an Ally since the Devour was utter garbage, even though that commercial was a good one haha.

Totally agree. My wife has the Ally and we both like it. I could live with the Ally if I didn't have a Droid. The Ally is better than the Devour in every way as far as we could tell from playing with both. Besides, BestBuy had the Ally for free. She got hers there 3 weeks ago. It's now up to $49.99 again though.