Motorola Devour Video Review

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Rob over at phandroid has just reviewed the Motorola Devour.

For those who may not been following this release it will be running Android 1.6 w/MOTOBLUR.

Living up to Motorolas great build quality the Devour will not disappoint.

He described the Devour as ...." heavy. It was sturdy. It screamed “tough” and wanted to be its own man phone. The aluminum body with black, ruggedized rubber contributed to the look and feel and honestly it seems like the most solid Android phone out there."

To read the full review click here.

Enjoy

[video=youtube;x9s8p5EJKv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9s8p5EJKv0[/video]

[video=youtube;tfns7tqxJko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfns7tqxJko&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah... Motorola at their finest... Yet another great example of how they went from being one of the top cell phone manufacturers to being on their way out... Don't get me wrong I love my Droid but there's a reason it's my first Moto device in over 6 yrs and likely my last.:mad:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Edit:
Though it would be nice if the chefs and pull the Flash lite from the ROM and implement it in their ROMs.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I actually think the device will make for a good consumer device.

It will be a hit with the LG crowd and people looking for a good "social" device. There is a definite market for this phone. I'm going to predict that it will be a VERY good seller for VZW.

Jason

Reaction score
Ah... Motorola at their finest... Yet another great example of how they went from being one of the top cell phone manufacturers to being on their way out... Don't get me wrong I love my Droid but there's a reason it's my first Moto device in over 6 yrs and likely my last.:mad:

I actually think this phone and the cliq are nice phones

Xsoldier2000

Reaction score
Still seems like a "chick" phone....meaning, I'm probably buying this for my wife... <3

Mysfit

Reaction score
I played with one at work when we got them for sale. I liked the feel of the phone and the keyboard very much. Still like the droid system much better as I don't do much with the social side of the phone.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still seems like a "chick" phone....meaning, I'm probably buying this for my wife... <3

That was my thought as well, but then given the size, weight and feel of the device I doubt most women will like it... (again, hats off to Moto for their schizophrenic desgin(s)...).

Only market I could see this being a hit with is teens/college students. The social aspect will be right for that group and the extra size/weight of the build might make it stand up to the abuse a bit better. (and yes, I consider teens and fresh/soph college students the same 'group':icon_ devil:)

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why the emphasis of the commenters on the social aspect? This phone doesn't do social networks any better (or worse) than any smart phone.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Why the emphasis of the commenters on the social aspect? This phone doesn't do social networks any better (or worse) than any smart phone.
totally agree...but thats how it's being marketed to the consumer.

dtartini

Reaction score
Motorola has seemed to stop caring about asthetics...Function is in my opinion most important but that doesnt mean you can get away with making an ugly phone.

faganm24

Reaction score
Motorola has seemed to stop caring about asthetics...Function is in my opinion most important but that doesnt mean you can get away with making an ugly phone.

I actually kind of like the design of this phone. I admit that when I first saw it, I thought it looked kinda of cheap, and I still don't understand why they left so much real estate unused on the phone. With that said, the silver with black accents is once again another sharp looking phone. Similar to how the droid has its own distinct sense of style, this phone sticks out in its own way. Just my opinion.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the MotoBlur software runs really well on the device... looks very nice.

but that trackpad is terrible!!! unusable from watching the video...

also the physical keyboard is way too small, and isn't full qwerty really... fail!

weighs more than the Droid? really?

huskur

Reaction score
[video=youtube;rnwAmFPxiJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnwAmFPxiJ0&feature=related]YouTube - Motorola MOTOBLUR Superbowl 2010 Commercial (Megan Fox)[/video]

friggin' hilarious!!!! some may have seen this but i sure i am not the only one that hadn't seen it