Motorola - Confirms Droid X 2.2 Bugs

horseshoe9

Reaction score
3x/1x

Chiming in as this is also an issue that Matt knows about: 3X/1X/3X losing signal intermittently.

calpilot7

Reaction score
The media bug is EXTREMELY annoying. Almost every time I try to listen to music it tell me the music file is not supported and I then have to reboot the phone. Big PITA.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I have a HUGE problem with my camera not starting AT ALL. Sometimes it'll go to the screen and then go back to home. And after it wont open up at all. Its VERY ANNOYING Idk what the problem is but i've missed out MANY MANY kodak moments because of this.

HOGMAN

Reaction score
Media won’t play – includes “sorry the player does not support this type of audio file," custom ringtone stop working, video won’t play, etc. A reboot will restore full media function, but not permanently. We believe we have identified the cause of these errors. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release.

A reboot does not fix this issue.

They should just supply us with direct fixes instead of waiting for another "future software release"... I mean seriously, how long do I have to wait for them to deliver the fix?

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I have some of these issues,as well as my camera not working at times..you hit the camera app,it opens for a split second and is gone...only a reboot fixes it...
While I am not happy about the issues,I applaud Motorola for at the minimum admitting there is a problem,and showing they are working on solutions....thats more than some companys will admit....even when faced with overwhelming eveidence...and overall the 2.2 was worth it just for the battery life increase and flash alone...IMO.

Jeffbe232

Reaction score
I am experiencing all of these problems and apparently the "level 2 tech" at Motorola doesn't have a clue about this because she wanted me to re-set my phone and have to re-install all of my apps that can't (yet?) be saved to my SD card. I read her the letter and she said "oh". I, personally am NOT impressed with the user experience of my Droid X nor with my almost full day of tech "support" (went to VZW store, they told me to call San Disc because it was a problem with the SD card - IT'S NOT EVEN A SAN DISC CARD!!! which I found out after 15 minutes on the phone with them. Then 30 minutes on the phone with VZW and then Motorola only to find the answer in 30 seconds on this forum, that'll teach me to look here first)