Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i will be sad to see it go..it was one reason i stayed with MOTO

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
To be fair, those were probably already in the pipelines. I don't know how long it takes r & d wise, so I can't say that for sure, but I'd suspect it made more sense to follow through with these.

-Bionic 6.7.247 via HoB

for a company Motorola's size it really doesn't take that long, after all they simply copy whatever current device they have and then add one thing to it.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

MightyT01

Reaction score
I'm typing this now on my Lapdock 100. I use it frequently, now that I have Webtop 3.0 and ICS. Webtop 2.0 with Firefox was terrible, buggy, and slow as molasses.

Webtop 3.0 IS Android 4.0 ICS tablet version. It works great! I understand stopping the accessories as a cost issue, but not Webtop 3.0. Like I said it's straight up Android 4.0 tablet version. I use it on my Lapdock and connected to my HDTV with my Razr Maxx dock and a USB Logitech K400 wireless Keyboard which works right out of the box perfectly. I agree with previous posts that this should have been shouted out as a major enhancement when we went to ICS. The appearance and use of Android 4.0 ICS Tablet version on my HDTV looks better than if I just mirrored my phone on the TV. Motorola really came through on this upgrade to Webtop 3.0 and it was a much more elegant solution than the original Webtop 2.0.

The absolute versatility of this arrangement is fantastic. I can take my Droid Razr Maxx on the road and only bring the Lapdock and HDMI cables and I'm set for anything. I can sit on my couch and surf, check emails, text, read, type, etc while on the Lapdock at home or on the road.
I'm sad to see this being discontinued. I'd love to see a tablet dock for our Droids, like the Padfone. Maybe a third party might try this. One of the best things about Moto is they have always had a tremendous selection of accessories unlike the Galaxy Nexus when it came out. Again, I think Moto was ahead of it's time. I'm glad I hung in there and got the ICS upgrade for my Maxx because I use my Lapdock now on a daily basis.

P.S. Just for grins I may try to see if my brother's SGS II can connect to the Lapdock via the MHL connector.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk 2 and my Lapdock 100.