Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

stratjb

Reaction score
Hmmm.... I've had this flashed for just about 20 hours and haven't seen any problems yet. Everything seems better.

iraparks

Reaction score
as long as its out by the start of NHL season I can wait till they get it right. Live games with (flash)!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are already on the release. Great you will still get a notifiacation for the new build. As i said a friend from called me earlier about this. No one needs to undo the update. Just sit tight until we get more information. Please do not panic

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Techenigma

Reaction score
Just jumped to FRG22 today, no OTA need for me. Just gives us even more time to spend with 2.2 while everyone else languishes back on 2.1

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take this for what it's worth (a random email), but we just received an word from someone who claims to have received FRG01 OTA, and then immediately following received a "security" patch for FRG22...

NO idea. Awaiting their response.

jbw52

Reaction score
So far I have not had any issues. In fact everything is better with the FRG01B 2.2 upgrade that I did manually. I can even connect to Yahoo mail through the default email client without having to disconnect from wifi.

They are probably releasing a new 2.2 update because someone accidentally left tethering in the FRG01B build and Verizon did not want this. Just my opinion.http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ial-frg01b-froyo-issues-solutions-thread.html

ChugIt

Reaction score
Battery issues seem pretty rampant with the OTA. Many people who are very familiar with their Droid and flashing, rooting, etc. Have been reporting consistent information. This leads me to believe THAT is probably the main issue. I know there are other issues, but i'd rather not see the market than see my battery get too hoot and explode in my pocket. I suspect this would be considered bad PR. At least they are fixing it.

Snoking

Reaction score
Take this for what it's worth (a random email), but we just received an word from someone who claims to have received FRG01 OTA, and then immediately following received a "security" patch for FRG22...

IF that is true, then people that did the manual upgrade to FRG01B should be getting any update to FRG22?????? I downloaded the FRG01B but have not loaded it.

Chris

Reaction score
How about a bate a switch for rooted Droids? Get them to manually push a lock down without thinking otherwise. DL'd the rooted version but have yet to install. I think it is good to wait patiently before jumping in.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

If that somehow turns out to be true, there is some funky stuff going on behind closed doors between Moto/VZW. FRG22 that CZ/p3 got us had the voice search issue, so it's not like that was perfect either... but still, if this turns out to be true, very very weird.

lax01

Reaction score
Haven't had any issues with 2.2...none...its faster and more stable than 2.1-update1.

Weird

Juggernaut

Reaction score
How about a bate a switch for rooted Droids? Get them to manually push a lock down without thinking otherwise. DL'd the rooted version but have yet to install. I think it is good to wait patiently before jumping in.

lol...where's my tin foil. Thanks I needed a laugh :)