Motorola a955 Spotted

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
moto-a955-wifi.jpg

Phandroid reports a new Motorola device (model a955) has passed WiFi certification. The current Motorola Droid model number is a855, so this leaves us to believe the Motorola Droid 2 or Motorola Shadow is definitely in the works! What features would you like to see in the next Droid?

Source: Phandroid.com

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The number 1 thing that all Android phones MUST do is make it Bluetooth voice call capable. I don't know what the hang up is in this but it's a must have feature. I hope the Droid 2 comes complete with that.

A camera fix, more stable wifi, and faster processor would all be nice as well.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
The number 1 thing that all Android phones MUST do is make it Bluetooth voice call capable. I don't know what the hang up is in this but it's a must have feature. I hope the Droid 2 comes complete with that.

That one still baffles me. Even the dumbest of dumbphones have this ability.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score

Adrynalyn enabled BT calling in the 1.3.1 beta version of the TC Redrum. He said the source code actually had notes in it that it 'sucked', but he's got it working. So, if you'd like to give it a try, feel free.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/44091-1-3-1-beta-area.html

cb2000a

Reaction score
Looks to be the new flagship Android phone for Moto and Verizon.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Adrynalyn enabled BT calling in the 1.3.1 beta version of the TC Redrum. He said the source code actually had notes in it that it 'sucked', but he's got it working. So, if you'd like to give it a try, feel free.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/44091-1-3-1-beta-area.html

Yeah, next time I am running Linux I'll grab the source comments on it for folks.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
/** The voice dialer 'works' but the user experience is poor. The voice
* recognizer has trouble dealing with the 8kHz SCO signal, and it still
* requires visual confirmation. Disable for cupcake.
*/

mach330

Reaction score
dayam vzw has a lot of phones coming out. good to see that we're getting all the cool gadgets first. not keen on the names though...incredible...now extreme. what's next..super duper. the amazing. lol

JCo352

Reaction score
dayam vzw has a lot of phones coming out. good to see that we're getting all the cool gadgets first. not keen on the names though...incredible...now extreme. what's next..super duper. the amazing. lol

I was thinking something like "The Radical" lol

stdesign

Reaction score
A faster processor will be there, given the current crop of newer Android phones with 1.0GHz plus CPU's. I could do without a hardware keyboard this time around (a sleeker, thinner body is better, IMHO). Better camera, whichever is the problem with the current one - hardware, or software... No one's in a big friggin' hurry to fix it :icon_evil: . Could the screen get any better? Maybe a little larger, but still gorgeous and crystal clear. Possibly a more case-friendly body shape/configuration. I love this phone so much already, I can't think of anything else for the next gen phone. But I would like to be able to navigate my 5 home screens with more speed and stability than I have now ;) .

Technoman

Reaction score
My List of desired and required upgrades:

4.3 AmoLED screen
FULL BlueTooth integration supporting all BT profiles (including Keyboard)
1.0 GHZ Processor or BETTER
Minimum of 8 GIG of onboard High speed RAM
Support for Next Gen 4G systems
Wireless "N" support and a stable wireless interface
Better integration of some basic functions/Apps (my wife's Android 1.5 OS Hero on Sprint has a better IM interface than my phone does)
BT activation and HF dialing without an APP (this is basic and a must)
REAL Business interface for Outlook

These are just off the top of my head... I will come up with more later.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
/** The voice dialer 'works' but the user experience is poor. The voice
* recognizer has trouble dealing with the 8kHz SCO signal, and it still
* requires visual confirmation. Disable for cupcake.
*/

Good reason for it not to be stock enabled then; big question is "Why can't they fix it?"

I remember reading something about it not working well because Google doesn't have rights to use Nuance's speech recognition engine like alot of other devices use; however my million dollar question is - WHY on earth can't they just use the speech recognition engine that voice search uses? The only reason I can think of is that Google's voice engine is dependent on 3G access; so BT calling might fail in certain circumstances were they to use it. But you'd think they could come up with SOMETHING.

Serialkilla

Reaction score
What's with the big red tit on the end of it? I don't get it. It's hideous.

hookerdj

Reaction score