Motorola a955 Spotted

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm not so much focused of features as I am on battery life. What good are a plethoria of features if you only get a few measly hours of battery life when using them. I have to disabled all the awesome features of my Droid including 3G when I'm not using them. 3G/EVDO is the biggest source of battery drain. On my old pocket pc I can watch 3 full-length movies at 640x480 resolution and still have some battery life left. On the Droid multimedia apps like music and video drink the battery juice like redbull. Very dissapointing. Maybe the newer Droid releases and/or Android OS updates will help conserve the battery without sacrificing usage of the features.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want:
Better battery life.
Better processor.
More ram.

All the other stuff will be icing on the cake.

R1Lover

Reaction score
For many years verizon had the best coverage and service but the ****tiest phones... nice to see that change now....

mkraffert

Reaction score
A REAL Outlook interface that has all the functionality of the crackberry Outlook interface. A faster processor would be cool, but only if it can be overclock to 200% like the one we already have. If it's stuck at 1Ghz, that's not really a gain.

R1Lover

Reaction score
A REAL Outlook interface that has all the functionality of the crackberry Outlook interface. A faster processor would be cool, but only if it can be overclock to 200% like the one we already have. If it's stuck at 1Ghz, that's not really a gain.

Answer; Incredible

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
My List of desired and required upgrades:

4.3 AmoLED screen
FULL BlueTooth integration supporting all BT profiles (including Keyboard)
1.0 GHZ Processor or BETTER
Minimum of 8 GIG of onboard High speed RAM
Support for Next Gen 4G systems
Wireless "N" support and a stable wireless interface
Better integration of some basic functions/Apps (my wife's Android 1.5 OS Hero on Sprint has a better IM interface than my phone does)
BT activation and HF dialing without an APP (this is basic and a must)
REAL Business interface for Outlook

These are just off the top of my head... I will come up with more later.

I like the way you think. I would add:

Better keyboard (the D-pad blows)
Functional 8 MP camera
Flash (I know 2.2 will have it, but this is a wish list after all)

Basically, just MORE of what the Droid already is. You just CAN'T argue with how complete this phone is. OK, maybe you can, but really, it's a great device IMO. I haven't liked a phone this much since my Voyager.

Bruiser616

Reaction score
So, I was about to buy a Droid. Now new phones are coming in July. I suppose I should wait until then and choose from the Droid, Droid2, or Extreme? I'm dying to get my phone but I can wait.

Any thoughts? What would you guys do?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
My List of desired and required upgrades:

4.3 AmoLED screen
FULL BlueTooth integration supporting all BT profiles (including Keyboard)
1.0 GHZ Processor or BETTER
Minimum of 8 GIG of onboard High speed RAM
Support for Next Gen 4G systems
Wireless "N" support and a stable wireless interface
Better integration of some basic functions/Apps (my wife's Android 1.5 OS Hero on Sprint has a better IM interface than my phone does)
BT activation and HF dialing without an APP (this is basic and a must)
REAL Business interface for Outlook

These are just off the top of my head... I will come up with more later.

I like the way you think. I would add:

Better keyboard (the D-pad blows)
Functional 8 MP camera
Flash (I know 2.2 will have it, but this is a wish list after all)

Basically, just MORE of what the Droid already is. You just CAN'T argue with how complete this phone is. OK, maybe you can, but really, it's a great device IMO. I haven't liked a phone this much since my Voyager.

8MP camera is/would be great, if the Quality of those 8MP are good. Bigger does not always mean better.

cb2000a

Reaction score
So, I was about to buy a Droid. Now new phones are coming in July. I suppose I should wait until then and choose from the Droid, Droid2, or Extreme? I'm dying to get my phone but I can wait.

Any thoughts? What would you guys do?

Well you could wait.....forever. There will be new models rolling out on a quarterly basis so you see where this leads.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
8MP camera is/would be great, if the Quality of those 8MP are good. Bigger does not always mean better.

Very true, the MP defines the size of the image at full resolution which in most cases is going to be higher than the phone LCD can technically view thus the phone scales the image down to fit within the boundaries of the screen making the image appear crisper and sharper. The real test of camera quality is the CMOS or CCD sensor. With cell phones there's typically no way to control the capture speed thus in order to reduce motion blur and increase shutter speed the camera will automatically use a higher ISO which also increases noise in the photo. For the most part, IMO, a cell phone camera is most practically used to take photos of people for use as contact avatars however I have taken a few decent photos with my Droid... still it doesn't hold a candle to my Nikon S10 or D90 though.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

Very true, the MP defines the size of the image at full resolution which in most cases is going to be higher than the phone LCD can technically view thus the phone scales the image down to fit within the boundaries of the screen making the image appear crisper and sharper. The real test of camera quality is the CMOS or CCD sensor. With cell phones there's typically no way to control the capture speed thus in order to reduce motion blur and increase shutter speed the camera will automatically use a higher ISO which also increases noise in the photo. For the most part, IMO, a cell phone camera is most practically used to take photos of people for use as contact avatars however I have taken a few decent photos with my Droid... still it doesn't hold a candle to my Nikon S10 or D90 though.

You both are right. I like the larger 8mp resolution for printing out images. Technically, you don't need anything over 3mp (5mp to be safe) when it comes to printing at 8x10 resolution. I've got an Olympus C-8080 UZ for my serious pics, but there are times when I'm out and about and I want to take a relatively decent picture with my camera. Just improve the ccd in the phone. That's all I desire really.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Don't know the accuracy behind this info, but I've read the new Droid 2 is only going to sport a 720MHz processor TI OMAP 3630 processor, which is really sad considering that we have several phones now that have reached 1GHz mark. I love my Droid, but Motorola can rest assured that they will surely not have the same success as they did with the Droid if they don't do something that makes them stand out from the competition besides the HDMI port. Check it out here at this link Motorola Shadow and Motorola Droid 2 Coming to Verizon Wireless

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't know the accuracy behind this info, but I've read the new Droid 2 is only going to sport a 720MHz processor TI OMAP 3630 processor, which is really sad considering that we have several phones now that have reached 1GHz mark. I love my Droid, but Motorola can rest assured that they will surely not have the same success as they did with the Droid if they don't do something that makes them stand out from the competition besides the HDMI port. Check it out here at this link Motorola Shadow and Motorola Droid 2 Coming to Verizon Wireless

Even if it is 720Mhz, its processor you need to look at, not the speed.

Reaction score
On top of the processor architecture itself you also need to take into account the amount and speed of the RAM, as well as the gpu (should android ever start using hardware acceleration for its visual effects that is).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk