[MOD] Gingerbread 2.3 Keyboard w/ working Predictions

papachach

Reaction score
This works GREAT thank you Fabolous. Question though, how do you get the "enter" button instead of the "smiley"?

If you're using handcent you can change it under settings>application settings>action key type.

nate94gt

Reaction score
This works GREAT thank you Fabolous. Question though, how do you get the "enter" button instead of the "smiley"?

If you're using handcent you can change it under settings>application settings>action key type.
Is that the only way? I'm not using handcent.
i believe it only does that smiley face thing when you are using a texting program. If you use the browser or something else, it will be the enter button.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Worked perfectly...via rom manager-install rom from sd....im on a d1 & this keyboard is a great match with ud 2.3.0....im very impressed with this keyboard, hell i have not made a single typo yet as im writing this...lol....

publicanimal

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that fixing already typed words doesn't work? So let's say I am typing and I type "spit" when I meant to type "spot" and keep typing. Then before I send the text I notice the mistake. If I then tap "spit" it brings up options of other words I can change that to. If I then tap "spot" what should happen is it will change "spit" to "spot".

Instead I get "spspotit".

Can this be fixed?

It's weird that nobody seems to care about this major bug with this keyboard.

"Works perfectly!" - No, it doesn't work perfectly. I want to know if this bug can be fixed so I can use this keyboard.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it would seem that many don't consider this a "bug", and certainly not a "major bug." i don't believe that any keyboard i've used has had the capability that you speak of. so, i don't know that i would call it a bug, either.

if you want to fix it, and post a zip file, i'm sure many would appreciate it. if you don't want to, or can't, then i would expect this will be the last we hear on the issue.

Anyone else notice that fixing already typed words doesn't work? So let's say I am typing and I type "spit" when I meant to type "spot" and keep typing. Then before I send the text I notice the mistake. If I then tap "spit" it brings up options of other words I can change that to. If I then tap "spot" what should happen is it will change "spit" to "spot".

Instead I get "spspotit".

Can this be fixed?

It's weird that nobody seems to care about this major bug with this keyboard.

"Works perfectly!" - No, it doesn't work perfectly. I want to know if this bug can be fixed so I can use this keyboard.

publicanimal

Reaction score
it would seem that many don't consider this a "bug", and certainly not a "major bug." i don't believe that any keyboard i've used has had the capability that you speak of. so, i don't know that i would call it a bug, either.

So it's not a bug because most other keyboards don't have this feature? That's totally irrelevant, most other keyboards aren't very good. Swype does have this feature, but it appears to be better executed on this Gingerbread keyboard... except for the fact that it doesn't work. If an intended feature that is included in this keyboard doesn't work properly (and it IS an intended feature), how is that not a bug? I might be exaggerating when I say it's a major bug, but it is major for me since it's a feature that I'm used to using every day on Swype. I would like to switch to this keyboard, except the only exceptional feature about the keyboard (for me) is broken.

I don't know how to fix it, but I'd love it if somebody could do so. The main reason I'm being so vocal about it is because nobody else has mentioned the bug (not one soul), so I'm trying to bring some attention to it so that someone with the know-how can potentially fix it.

I don't understand your attitude of "oh you found a bug - well shut up about it, it's not a bug if you're the only one who noticed it". Sounds like a good way for bugs to never get fixed.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Public, im very curious about how you are coming to this situation. I've been trying to replicate it but if I type a word and don't hit the spacebar I can change it without an issue. Are you talking about completing the sentence then going back and highlighting the word?
I would really like to reproduce this as I don’t think I've experienced this, ever.

Sent from my rooted A855.